Any outboard or prop gurus?

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oops!! I was reading max HP for the boat, not what was actually bolted to it. That doesn't change any of my ideas though. Now, if you're not trimming when running and have the motor pinned to the transom as NodakBuckeye and Riverfisher asked about, then none of what I said is going to make any difference.

Nope those numbers are with the motor trimmed up almost to the point of blowing out of the water

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then your dings are likely your issue. A notch or two worth of motor height might help/hurt some, but not 800 RPM worth.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've often wondered why "they" don't make disposable props?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've often wondered why "they" don't make disposable props?

Cotter pin, nut, couple of washers and a guy can throw them away as often as your little heart desires.

Trying to hold most of 2200# of boat + ~500-800# of humanity and fishing gear + 200# of livewell water + 600# of motor mostly outta the water @ 60MPH+ whilst in a hard corner takes more engineering than "disposable" is capable of.

Nobody who owns "that" boat is going to settle for disposable and 40MPH.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
But you get what I'm saying, right? You keep your real prop in reserve.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the price difference? I don't imagine it's much?...I was getting at some sort of polymer with aluminium spines; something of that sort.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone remember the days when every tackle box your old man had there was a flat tin box of shear pins ?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the price difference? I don't imagine it's much?...I was getting at some sort of polymer with aluminium spines; something of that sort.

Piranha.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did it do proper rpms before the dings? I am betting it never has ran proper rpms. The other item is the guage that could be off too. I would run the test with fresh fuel 87 no ethenol have your wife or someone video the plate to make sure its visable before starting with anything. Post your results on wc and etec owners group and get some input.

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
for my boat when i ran aluminum they were about $125 stainless is anywhere from $380-$600. for me the alluminum prop just dose not stand up if you are beaching it or on a sandy river

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I learned when I was on the hunt for the perfect prop is it is important to keep a log of the prop and the way it performs. How you are loaded ie. how much gas is on, number and weight of the persons aboard, wind speed along with height of waves etc. And of course RPM and wot speed. I tried out 6 props on a 2008 1860 Angler with a 175 Etec and finally settled on prop #3.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
from what I've read/seen over the years I don't think a 22P is right for your boat. a 21 Tempest would be alot closer and very likely a 19P. I also know that a mercury tempest is probably the best prop for that boat.

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a custom 22 pitch enertia for sale.....

Do you happen to have the high Flo hub also?

- - - Updated - - -

from what I've read/seen over the years I don't think a 22P is right for your boat. a 21 Tempest would be alot closer and very likely a 19P. I also know that a mercury tempest is probably the best prop for that boat.

Eyexer if your free one of these nights let me know I'll take you for a cruise and let you see what you think

- - - Updated - - -

Did it do proper rpms before the dings? I am betting it never has ran proper rpms. The other item is the guage that could be off too. I would run the test with fresh fuel 87 no ethenol have your wife or someone video the plate to make sure its visable before starting with anything. Post your results on wc and etec owners group and get some input.

I can't ansewer that because I bought the boat used and was like that when I bought!! The way it runs now is how it ran when I got it!! I tried working with the dealer I got it from but that was no dice!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds good. I have a 19P tempest on my boat, I can pull it off and we can try it and see where your rpm's are at, etc. I was planning on running to Lunds mid afternoon but the weather sounds a little sketchy so I'll have to see what happens with that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74