Are u a fair weather fishermen?

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like it a little on the crappy side less crowds no line at the boat ramps.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
After yesterdays trashing on Sak we had to think about it if the last two walleyes for a limit were worth it. At the end of the day when my line kept blowing out of my finger grip as I opened the bail to cast cranks on a wind blown bank, it sucked all the fun out of that idea. A cold beer and hot food at Scenic 23 afterwards made the wimps feel better.
I'm more fair weather than I used to be but weekends are about the only time I can go so once I commit to going I usually deal with high wind, rain or cold but I don't love it.

Attachments

20150530_104540.jpg
Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we're on a fishing trip the only thing that stops us is lightning.

I think the toughest conditions to fish are the ones in late November when your reel and guides freeze up.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I waited for the nice days I would likely never fish. Western ND is always windy, or cloudy, or rainy, or really really windy.

The perfect days always seem to be around the middle of the week, when a working man is unable to go.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind the wind, but I think I can give up fishing in the rain again and it wouldn't hurt my feelings too much.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, will fish any weather the only time I drag my feet is when there is a major cold front the first day after is general bad. Some of the best fishing is a windy day just got to find a ramp that works. Nothing is worse then you go to dock a boat with the waves coming in.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel a more detailed definition of "fair weather" need to be explained. If it’s a normal weekend at the cabin then if the weather is suitable for hold a cold beverage in a coolie then yes I am out fishing. However if it’s a fishing trip pre planned then I suit up and get on the water any chance I can

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will fish in most weather except extreme wind and/or lightning...I don't want to end up like ol Reg...

- - - Updated - - -

I

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is 701 in this thread? He won't go fishing if it's not 90 and less than 5 Mph wind :;:sorry ... not going to say i like it cold and rainy but i catch fish and that's what I'm about

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm by myself I'll fish in anything. I've actually questioned my own sanity a few times on the ice. Most of the time my wife and I fish together, and she is definitely a fair weather fisherperson. Therefor, I fall on both sides of the line.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I fish a lot with my wife and 3 year old, yeah fair weather is the only option that keeps them happy, and my sanity in place. If I'm going by myself or with friends, I'll take a beating to get out there.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i used to fish in anything... anymore if the weather is bad, my first thought is how stiff am i gonna be, and how bad am i gonna hurt tomorrow...

10' tall and bullet proof has turned into a 5'8" pussified fat guy...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56