Are u a fair weather fishermen?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will fish most days regardless of the weather. Unless it is lightning. Was out today it was windy and cold I was the only boat on the lake. Normally on a Friday there would be at least 10 other boats out. It was nice not having to hide when u net a fish so other people don't come over and crowd the spot u are in.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope - I will fish in crappy weather. Straight down rain is tolerable - for a while.

Wind is some of my favorite weather for fishing - on small lakes it almost can't be too windy to fish - because the bite is awesome almost every time.

Rain and wind combined? Meh - not so much!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not at all!!! I fish when I want to. That's why they invented Gortex, Thinsulate, wool, water proof boots, and other foul weather gear so they could charge you out the nose to fish in crappy weather.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes -- -and maintain that boat control and presentation as part of that fair weather are the #1 for catching fish and my history of days like today on DL or Sak -- are bad memories.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes -- -and maintain that boat control and presentation as part of that fair weather are the #1 for catching fish and my history of days like today on DL or Sak -- are bad memories.

I see what u mean. The only bad part of today was having to pull the plug on my boat after I launched because a bunch of water came over the back when it was at the dock.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes! kinda. I get motion Sickness easily so no sense pushing it. There are drugs for that and home remedies too but I generally feel groggy after using the dramamine or other similar drugs. Not a great feeling either way. I can take a rough day out on the river where I can keep an eye on shore a lot better than a rough lake distances from shore. I have some very good memories of Sak on a flat glass lake as well as waves pounding into shore from the boat. It's just a matter of getting on top of them (or close to them) and how comfortable ya feel.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Risto - have you tried Bonine? It's zero-drowsy and works great! I hear ginger gum is popular for offshore too. CVS carries both.

Secret with Bonine is to take it the night before too (according to serious off-shore guys I know).

have you tried the pressure point wrist bands? CVS has those too. Some people say they are miracle cure.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I think I am a fair weather fisherman. If the wind is going to be 15+ on Devils, I find something else to do or somewhere else to fish. I usually have my rain suit handy, but I don't go seeking weather in which to wear it. I frequently have no weekend fishing plan until Thurs or Fri when I can check the weather and be satisfied that it'll be tolerable.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not nearly as gung ho to go as I used to be I guess. If my options of places to go here in my neck of the prairie was greater; I would probably go more often in poor weather. If winds are 20 with higher gusts I just wait for the next better day instead of taking a beating on Sak...

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not but...last night pulled the boat to the dock, started the engine, and shut it back down. Cold and windy; one of the advantages to living on the river is you don't have to fish if the weather sucks.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have and will fish crappy weather, but I live less than a mile from the ramp, and sine I have summers off, I usually only go when its on the nicer side.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks Guywhofishes; no i have not tried Bonine. I'll look into it. A pharmacist once told me to try the Coca Cola syrup too. He said most drug stores carry it in the pharmacy isle. Any one heard of anything on the syrup??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 336
  • This month: 231
  • This month: 194
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 73