Arrested

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just read a police report clip in a ND newspaper.
This was the story:
On Saturday, the police chief stopped a vehicle on US Highway 2. The driver, Jose Jr, 45, was taken into custody for entering the US illegally. Border Patrol took custody of Jose. He entered the US 22 years ago as an illegal alien and was able to live in this country undetected until his arrest on Saturday.

My question is how the heck does this happen???

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was the story:
On Saturday, the police chief stopped a vehicle on US Highway 2. The driver, Jose Jr, 45, was taken into custody for entering the US illegally. Border Patrol took custody of Jose. He entered the US 22 years ago as an illegal alien and was able to live in this country undetected until his arrest on Saturday.

I can't say for sure how it happens here in North Dakota but in the bigger cities contractors hire them and pay them cash. It's a buddy system , Once the contractors get a couple illegals they have as many as they want to hire at their disposal , They can treat them like shit and get away with it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was the story:

Why don't you ask him? He'll be back here in a week.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's easy. ever heard of sanctuary cities? well you probably didn't know it but you've been living in a sanctuary country. Like posted above he'll be back in a week if he's even deported at all. I'd bet he isn't

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all honesty, if Mr. Jose has lived in this country for 22 years and law enforcement hasn't made contact. It probably means he's just been making a living like the rest of us and I think I'd rather have him as a neighbor than some of them that have been hanging around the Minot/Williston area the last few years.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would bet he's been contacted. But not deported. happens continuously in this country

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just find it amazing the guy has been here for that long and has no ID. No drivers license, no insurance of any kind, no vehicle, nothing to give him away. What a hell of a way to live. He's working for cash and paying no taxes. Evidently the people he's been working for don't give a dang about laws or who they are screwing either. I did some reading and it sounds like if this guy isn't violent, they bond them out of custody and start some kind of proceedings to decide what to do with them. Maybe he's been discovered many times but he's not a violent criminal so they kick them out again.

Fish On !

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
have to round em all up and send em back before Trump builds the big wall. :;:stirthepot

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just find it amazing the guy has been here for that long and has no ID. No drivers license, no insurance of any kind, no vehicle, nothing to give him away. What a hell of a way to live. He's working for cash and paying no taxes. Evidently the people he's been working for don't give a dang about laws or who they are screwing either. I did some reading and it sounds like if this guy isn't violent, they bond them out of custody and start some kind of proceedings to decide what to do with them. Maybe he's been discovered many times but he's not a violent criminal so they kick them out again.

Fish On !

I think you're giving our government more credit than it deserves. How many times have you had to prove that you are a legal citizen of this country? And of those times(if any) how many do you think that whoever was asking actually checked to see if your numbers actually checked out and were real? Probably not many. Also there isn't a agency going around randomly checking businesses making sure everyone there checks out. Most illegals have a job like any other and the businesses provide their accountants with whatever info is given to them and the accountant sends the money to the IRS. Until someone files for a return no one would even notice. Thus guy could have been getting paycheck a like any other, had a place to live, had a bank account(as long as he didn't do anything with it to raise an eyebrow), voted without a problem as long as he had an address and with a bum document gotten ID and DL. And also drawn welfare with the help of a friendly office which isn't hard to come by. Most government offices love to inflate their numbers whenever possible. Pretty sure they don't run your number with the Feds either. So in fact it's not hard at all, not like many are looking. Getting arrested is about the only way these days and that frequently doesn't do a thing anymore.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Brian,
I guess this is exactly what some are talking about when they suggest we need to get a handle on the illegal aliens in the US. ;:;banghead
I travel to Canada quite often and am used to dealing with the passport and all the questions when crossing.

Fish On !

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dirty little goverment secret is they want them here ( both Dems and republican ) working so the companies withhold taxes and SS from their pay checks. Most will never file taxes for their return because they are afraid of getting caught and the gov keeps the money.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member

I can't say for sure how it happens here in North Dakota but in the bigger cities contractors hire them and pay them cash. It's a buddy system , Once the contractors get a couple illegals they have as many as they want to hire at their disposal , They can treat them like shit and get away with it.

[/B]

a few are legit American citizens. sub-contractors will "sub" there work to the legal ones, therefore washing there hands of any guilt or legal responsibility as it I not there responsibility to know who "Juan" has working for them. everyone knows it when you walk onto a jobsite with not a damn one (except legal Juan) speaking a word of English. but no one seems to give a shit. too much money being made off of them I suppose. Love it when they leave there Gatorade piss bottles behind for everyone else to clean up.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
a few are legit American citizens. sub-contractors will "sub" there work to the legal ones, therefore washing there hands of any guilt or legal responsibility as it I not there responsibility to know who "Juan" has working for them. everyone knows it when you walk onto a jobsite with not a damn one (except legal Juan) speaking a word of English. but no one seems to give a shit. too much money being made off of them I suppose. Love it when they leave there Gatorade piss bottles behind for everyone else to clean up.

The way u make it sound it couldn't be one of Obama's sons. Sounds like the guys u are talking about atleast try to work.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes ,The money they make off them is unreal, Then the workers have to steal to make enough to feed themselves and their family. One job I was on there was a load of materials dropped off one day and that night there was 75,000 dollars worth of copper pipe and fittings stolen and I would guess it was sold for scrap, There were Mexican scrap dealers too so it was one cover up after another.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way u make it sound it couldn't be one of Obama's sons. Sounds like the guys u are talking about atleast try to work.

I've worked around a lot of them and one thing I cannot deny is a good portion of them are very hard workers. there hard work ethic and speed at completeing jobs is made up however by the quality they put out. some are good but a lot are lacking on quality. you get what you pay for I guess. a lot of the time they have the Mexicans come in for cheap and blow out a job and then a couple white guys will come behind and fix up there mess. meanwhile the company owners and upper management will bitch to high heavens about them all while stuffing money in every inch of there pockets and then repeat said process. it'd be a lot different if they were on the same playing field as any other American tradesman. ie. had to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Batman4277

When I worked in the slaughterhouse in Iowa INS raided it and deported over 160 Mexicans. within 3 weeks over half of them were back working there with different names. the slaughterhouse helped set up the raid so they never did get any fines or anything from all the illegals that they employed.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know about the rest of you but with the construction going on and most the workers being Mexican wouldn't it be fun to put a border patrol stick on the side of your vech. and watch them run when they see you. As far as a employer bringing Mexicans in illegally and working them that said employer should be stripped of his citizenship and sent to mexico to see how it really works.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
here's the deal. when the boom first started really rolling they moved three full time border patrol agents into williston. You would see them quite often. One day I wasn't in a hurry where I was headed and one was sitting in an approach about four miles north of Williston on Highway 2/85. So I decided what the hell I'll pull in and BS with him a bit. I know his boss so figured that would break the ice a little if it was uncomfortable or anything. Well it was far from that. He was very talkative and seemed like a great guy.

I knew there were a lot of illegals working on construction projects in town and a bunch on pipeline crews and roustabouts. Still are. I asked him how many they were rounding up and he said a pile of them. but they either can't hold em or they send them down the road to a holding facility only to be let go there. I said "it must be really easy to drive up to a construction sight and nab a dozen at a shot". He said nope, they have a lookout and whenever your within six blocks they are told and gone when I get there. That kind of surprised me. But he did tell me they we're convinced someone was flying them in to a remote airstrip somewhere. Rotating workers in and out via air. They didn't know where it was yet. But figured it was just a matter of time. But the most interesting thing he said, and it totally backed up my belief, was that they all have documents. And they are so good it often takes the border patrol 48 hours to determine they are fakes. I suspected this was the case because back in 2004-2005 I was working on the Minot Air Force base and there were illegals on the base working construction. So they had to have some damn good ID/Documents to get base clearances. Or pass the background check to get on the base. Which means you have to have a good social security card or our system is completely flawed in that department. You choose. So you can see it's really hard to place the blame on employers for hiring illegals. The I9 form is a complete joke to determine one's legal status. And that's what the government uses. Therefore the employers don't know for the most part. Sure there are some that hire them all knowingly and don't care. For example. There are large roustabout crews that are 100% of mexican decent. there's no way in hell an employer that doesn't know that is not going to have at least one white guy. With 12 million illegals here for the last forever, a pile of them are now legal because they were born here. Anchor babies so they say. So when you have a crew of twenty guys with fifteen legals it's easy to meld in five illegals. It's such a debacle now it's impossible to change it I think. We almost have to build a nasty ass wall and just ship the ones out we find that we know for sure are illegal. I think it would tax our resources to beyond the limit trying to decipher whether 12 million have bogus paperwork or not.

One other thing that I found very interesting while talking to this agent. One of the reasons I pulled in to talk to him was somebody I knew claimed there were eight mexicans living in one apartment. There were always eight there. But it wasn't always the same eight. So there was a pretty good chance they were illegals or some of them anyway. I wanted to let this agent know the address of this place. Well he informed me they can't go to homes or enter them to investigate so it was basically off limits. So it appears their hands are tied in a bunch of different ways. It wasn't long after this that I started to rarely see these agents. I think there is only one left in town now.

- - - Updated - - -

When I worked in the slaughterhouse in Iowa INS raided it and deported over 160 Mexicans. within 3 weeks over half of them were back working there with different names. the slaughterhouse helped set up the raid so they never did get any fines or anything from all the illegals that they employed.
It's rather puzzling how fast they return. Back in 1988, I had race horses in Chicago with my assistant trainer. I was home in MN at our Mink ranch because it was close to pelting time, etc. This particular track in Chicago didn't have automatic walking machines for the horses. So we had to hire people to walk them after they galloped. In Chicago the mexicans had ran the blacks our of the barn area for the most part. Still that way today. So about the only person he could hire was this young mexican kid. He was a great kid who was there everyday on time and hardly said a word and just did his job. Well it turns out I was short handed come skinning time at the ranch. So I called my assistant trainer and told him I was coming down to steal the mexican and take him home for a couple weeks. So I did that. He was a skinning SOB. I wanted to keep this kid around and what not so I called up an immigration attorney in Minneapolis to ask him how I could get him a green card or whatever. He told me it was impossible. Remember this was 1988. So after skinning was done I ask Mez (the mexican) what he wanted to do. If he wanted to stay here or go back to Chicago. He said he wanted to go home for a couple weeks. Not sure what that meant I asked him if that meant Chicago. He smiled and said no Mexico. Dumbfounded I asked him how the hell he was gonna get there. He simply said take me to the airport. Well now I was at a loss. So I took him to the twin cities airport and dropped him off at the gate doors. He said he'd be back in Chicago in two weeks. I said ok and took off for home knowing full well that was a load of bunk. Well two weeks to the day I get a call from the assistant trainer telling me Mez showed up for work this morning lol. that was 1988. you would have though that was impossible at that time. Now not so much.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51