Bait Presentations

foxy65

Just wondering how long you guys give a certain presentation, color, speed, depth and so on before switching it up if you aren't getting any bites. I am guilty of having just a few "go-to" presentations that i have had luck with in the past and get stubborn to changing. Would like to hear what everyone else does.

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with you! I have a few "go to's", and swear by them....maybe a bit to much! If I'm not sure, I do my best to try a few different tactics if there is enough folks in the boat for poles! Usually try a hammer brass, hammered silver, and 2 lindy rigs to start......and usually end with. I can count on two hands the number of times i have used minnows and leaches in the boat. Crawlers by the flat are the way I work things. Hasn't let me down very often yet! Got plenty of other colors and jigs/raps on hand....just in case i get the itch to try something else!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was sorting through my tackle boxes the last couple of days and wondering why I am such a sucker , I think I could fit everything I would ever need in a ziplock sandwich bag. That said , Once I have 3 in the livewell I start switching up a lot just to see if there is anything I can learn. I seldom learn anything but continually get reminded location trumps presentation.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the time for me it is jigs and slip bobbers with leeches or crawlers. Have gained confidence in cranks and spinners over the last few summers but always fall back to anchoring and jigging if the other options don't work. Also started pitching jigs and cranks into the shallows with decent luck last summer

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't even describe it. It's a Zen deal from years of reading literature and the conditions. I will say definitively the first step to an attempted or successful hookset is knowing you're in the fish. That's the first thing to fret about. IMHO/E the biggest SOB's will hit on the "toughest" days and the strike will be nearly imperceptible. Keep a rod rigged with the "opposite".

Not exactly what I wanted but real (not just for bass) make a foil hat and absorb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfa7ZM0u-lc

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we pull spinners most of the time, but i always zigzag from shallow to deep and back to start... most days i can figure out a pattern and repeat it, but some days not... it's just crazy how with the exact same conditions, the fish can be so different day to day...

what can win you a tournament some days won't catch supper the next... some days a short memory is key...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I switch it up about every 15-30 minutes until I find something that works or I run out of time.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just throw a chubby out for the females ready to spawn. if that don't work I switch to smaller bait

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33