Battery powered chainsaw

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
2-stroke exhaust is about the best smell there is. It should be bottled and sold as a perfume. I use a gas Stihl for larger projects and use my Milwaukee saws-all for smaller projects (branch clean up).
As long as it comes in Klotz scent , I'd use that for an air freshener.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been quite impressed with the Dewalt Polesaw. Use alot around the yard. Buddy and I went and cleaned up parts of the Public golf course. 1- 6 amp and 1 - 9 amp battery did everything we needed.. Cut many 4" evergreen branches up high enough so mowers could go under.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought the Stihl battery powered chainsaw, polesaw, hedge trimmer, and blower, when we moved down here in Payson.
Work slick for what we need it for.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
As long as it comes in Klotz scent , I'd use that for an air freshener.

1729178264281.png

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Milwaukee M18 16" chainsaw. Honestly wouldn't recommend it unless your just cutting small trees or branches. The chain oil reservoir has leaked from day one, and you overheat batteries after like 3 cuts on a decent size tree. I have 4 batteries and even cycling through them I have to stop for a while to let them all cool down.
I wouldnt recommend using an electric chainsaw to replace a gas one. If you are cutting stuff more than 6 inches or so thick, you arent using the right tool for the job.
Wow--I'm not a chainsaw / lumberjack subject matter expert by any means--so take it for what it's worth--but I disagree. My experience with M18 16" has been great--have used it several times around my home, with neighbors, etc. on the smaller stuff, no issues at all. I helped a buddy take down a dozen or so 10"-ish trees including debranching and didn't have any overheating problems, or needing to swap out batteries (pretty sure I was using 8amp batteries).

It does leak chain oil though--that's annoying, but I haven't seen too many chainsaws that don't--always assume that's a price of doing business with chainsaws.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow--I'm not a chainsaw / lumberjack subject matter expert by any means--so take it for what it's worth--but I disagree. My experience with M18 16" has been great--have used it several times around my home, with neighbors, etc. on the smaller stuff, no issues at all. I helped a buddy take down a dozen or so 10"-ish trees including debranching and didn't have any overheating problems, or needing to swap out batteries (pretty sure I was using 8amp batteries).

It does leak chain oil though--that's annoying, but I haven't seen too many chainsaws that don't--always assume that's a price of doing business with chainsaws.
there are different electric chainsaws for sure. I guess it depends which one you have specifically. The double battery ones are no doubt more powerful than the little 10" one I have. I wanted something light for pruning trees specifically, not for cutting large amounts of wood, I shouldnt have stated ALL electric chainsaws I guess.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree , I have 3 good running gassers on the shelf but I'm nursing a buggered up right shoulder. I can do just about anything and not even notice it but when I yank the rope on a chainsaw for some reason that makes it flare up again. I bought a 6 or 8'' mini chainsaw and I sure like that little guy for small jobs.
My dad rips on every pull cord like it’s the 1970 snowmobiles he had. Constantly breaking the new stuff. He needs electric tools lol.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another thing is how you use them I had a metal chop saw that I'd occasionally used for 10 years or more and it cut like a dream. Hired a new guy who was a welder thinking he would be handy to have around , It quit the first day he used it. So bought a new one and walked away (around the corner) and listened to him using it , he was pushing so hard that the motor would pull way down and buzz . Nothing will last long like that.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another thing is how you use them I had a metal chop saw that I'd occasionally used for 10 years or more and it cut like a dream. Hired a new guy who was a welder thinking he would be handy to have around , It quit the first day he used it. So bought a new one and walked away (around the corner) and listened to him using it , he was pushing so hard that the motor would pull way down and buzz . Nothing will last long like that.
my battery chainsaw will cut out if I push it too hard and beep at me, you get a feel for what its capable of pretty quick. Slow and steady wins the race.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 246
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44