Drones and Air Space

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our world today destroying a wetland is a federal offense,doing so permits are required plus other restrictions today ,our wetlands are precious commodity today more so than years past.yoy had a beautiful wildlife area ,sad you lost it.
For building infrastructure it is required and most of the time it has to be replaced. The water boards, not so much. I get that water must flow, that's on no brainer but they must not agree or realize that storage capacity is a real thing during an unusually wet season. I have another doozy , across the highway I have another pond that has floating bogs, tried to post a google earth pic but I can't find that option. Anyway I always thought it is cool how that pond changes shape from year to year. twice the bogs had floated towards the drain culvert under the highway and the county had a heck of a time getting the plugs out. I get a call from water board , we are going to get rid of your beaver because they are plugging the culvert. I told him about the bogs and he said well beaver will use cattails if they don't have wood to use. (pond is surrounded by trees) I reminded him of that and he was flexing his authority so I wasn't going to argue. I told him to have the county foreman give me a call me and he said he would. I never heard from foreman but they put a hog panel in front of culvert and problem is solved. I felt bad for putting road foreman on the spot but I wanted to talk to someone with a little common sense. I suppose he thought he was gonna get his ass chewed for being the middleman again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hijack the drone topic but it felt good to get that off my shoulders , been bottled up in me for too long. I guess it was drone related. I remember one neighbor who I enjoyed the most when I was a kid , He told my dad there has been more fist fights at dances over water than girls and giggled with his funny giggle that sounded like Popeye

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry to hijack the drone topic but it felt good to get that off my shoulders , been bottled up in me for too long. I guess it was drone related. I remember one neighbor who I enjoyed the most when I was a kid , He told my dad there has been more fist fights at dances over water than girls and giggled with his funny giggle that sounded like Popeye
Ageed davey,what happened to you was Minnesota wetland demise the drain tile of our prairie land turned to farm land then urban subdivisions followed or "urban sprawl".

I seen this 20 + years ago pheasant hunting in the middle of no f ing where nebraska,street signs on country gravel roads years later model homes popped up,sloughs and farmland drained,more development followed

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 245
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44