Bha North Dakota chairman

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently you guys are not doing anything to protect the badlands up there. All thanks can be sent to this guy and land tawney

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...ood-non-bha-conservation-groups-in-nd.197733/

4C9849D8-4206-4105-A175-9F4B9CD5B00E.jpgEC2968BA-F4D2-4BCA-92B9-CCE0E0467136.jpgDE42D2E6-07C8-4397-BB95-A1CF7B9FC3AD.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the thread is now gone. Bet that Pep talk gets a bunch of people to pint night

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Change pint to punt. The 2 keys are next to each other on the keyboard. Not sure just what they will do when they punt tho.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should of left it up. That should get a few people fired up

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
More and more are catching on to the bha and how they are not what they appear

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After reading that whole long post by Brock it doesn’t make me like or dislike the organization any more or less I guess.
It does make me dislike the chairman of the local chapter though, and that is a problem because first impressions carry a lot of weight and the words and actions of the head of an organization are often how the entire organization is judged.

Two things popped into my mind after reading it:

1) Somebody needs a hug
2) They may want to get a new chairman and at the very least a new spokesman for the group

If I was a member of that group I’d revoke his typing privileges at the next pint night and probably start looking for his replacement.

I don’t know him from Adam but after reading that he comes off like a big old pussy to be honest. Certainly doesn’t paint the picture of a great leader. He acts like he’s a one man show who takes everything personal, and with eloquent speeches like that (sarcasm) he probably will be a one man show before too long. Did he become chairman of BHA so he could be honored with an award? Sure sounds like that’s what he after to feel some validation. Maybe at least a sympathy card for working so much harder than everyone else on God’s green earth? I already don’t like him and if I was thinking of joining, that post alone from “The Chairman” would make me think otherwise. If I was already a member, I don’t know that I’d appreciate him representing my voice in this manner. Pissing and moaning and handling criticism this way isn’t a good way to get support for any cause. You’re always gonna have haters. This is not the way to deal with it.

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I perused the rokslide thread and didn't see much to push me either way. On the whole I think its a good organization. The main gripe it appears is that they don't lean 100% republican, they tend to throw their support to whoever benefits their land agenda. I can see how it gets murky, the R's are ok with selling/drilling/mining public land and the D's don't like your guns. Tough spot for hunters.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s a BHA?

back country hunters and anglers

- - - Updated - - -

I perused the rokslide thread and didn't see much to push me either way. On the whole I think its a good organization. The main gripe it appears is that they don't lean 100% republican, they tend to throw their support to whoever benefits their land agenda. I can see how it gets murky, the R's are ok with selling/drilling/mining public land and the D's don't like your guns. Tough spot for hunters.

the tough spot is they don’t really do any thing and the national board is full of a bunch of people who are not good for hunters. They had the guy who lead the way to ban spring bear season on Colorado on the national board . Land tawney that just speaks for its self. Where were they on the reintroduction of wolves in Colorado? Partnered with Patagonia who financed the fight against the grizzly bear hunt and is anti predator hunting. Why are donors redacted on tax reports wonder who they are. At a local level some of the clubs do good stuff but overall it was the non profit that tawney got started and this one finally stuck and making a bunch of money. The rmef and other conservation orgs have made tangible differences that are seen and actually used by hunters. It sounds like a good deal I was a member for a year but the devil is in the details and I am glad a lot of sportsman are catching on

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They have some good intentions when it comes to protecting public lands. That’s about where it ends. Can’t stand any group that would think voting democrat would gain more sportsmen to join. Democrats are against too many things that most sportsmen enjoy so not going to promote that.

Didn’t know about their lack of support or opposition to some of those big hunting issues in other states. Partnering with the woke petroleum based clothes company Patagonia is about as bone headed as it gets. Also, screw wolves and grizzlies they all should be shot dead and their range kept from expanding. I don’t know one hunter that wants more of them without being able to hunt them.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a member of bha for a year and lobbied hard for the ND chapter NOT to adhere themselves to the national organization and to keep some distance from them and their agenda. They chose to ignore my advice. The national organization is NOT something I support. Their leadership, membership, who, and what they support, are NOT good for hunters or fishermen. The national organization is all about shutting off access to public lands and waters to "protect" them. They say they are for keeping public lands open to the public while lobbying for closing down roads and accesses or uses for the public on those same public lands. They say one thing and do another. Their national publication is full of articles on how they shut down or are lobbying to shut down road accesses, bike accesses, camping accesses, and boating accesses to lands and rivers all across this nation and when they succeed, they try to tell the public that closing off road or boat access to public lands and waters was for their own good. THAT in my book is HYPOCRITICAL!! It's a back door method to make hunting and fishing more difficult in the name of "protection". Much like that abomination called the trespass bill here in ND will do. Just pick up a copy of bha's publication and you will see what I mean. The local group here in ND seemed to be a good group of guys trying to address public land issues to ensure hunters and fishermen can do their thing. Unfortunately, one of the first things the local chapter did was to help put up ROAD CLOSED signs in the badlands. I would have thought that lobbying to keep at least some of those roads open for public use would have been more in line with their charter to keep public lands OPEN to the public for their use and enjoyment. The jist of the matter is this, I couldn't watch my money and support go to an organization that makes hunting and fishing more difficult for the public to enjoy, so I opted out of bha.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The jist of the matter is this, I couldn't watch my money and support go to an organization that makes hunting and fishing more difficult for the public to enjoy, so I opted out of bha.
Same here KDM. Im not keen of some of the locals either. I know a couple and they are rabid liberals. Because a money worshiper hates them I thought they might be a good organization. Unfortunately he and them are just different ends of the same turd.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not trying to start a pissing match, but I personally know one member of the ND BHA board and he is about as anti-left as it gets. And on that note, the topic of public land management is probably the one issue that I would vote for someone left wing. My personal views are that habitat and access are the two most important subjects when it comes to hunting/fishing, and the BHA has a pretty good record on those fronts. I agree that Mr. Tawney should keep his personal views about green energy out of the official organization, but what do you do. No organization is perfect. I still support DU even though they've been a bit dirty over the years. BHA being tied to the psycho left is a bit of a stretch i think. They came out against drilling on public land, so George Soros must be pulling the strings? Nah.

I think we should take what we learned during the last ND session at the local level. Outdoors access is no longer a republican owned issue. Don't just vote for the (R) if they don't give a shit about your interests. Look at what our state senators try each year. Take away access to unposted land, drill and carve up the badlands for oil and gas, and give COE land back to themselves or their friends' families, with nice roads and boat ramps that you paid for. I could care less about that (R) behind their name, and I'm a current life long republican.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55