Bis to lose boat ramp

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
More fake biased news! They pick and choose stories and people to fit their agenda. They are as crooked as the main stream media, I guess they are all the same!
Yeah I was kind of surprised. Thought there would be a little better reporting than that. They sure made it out to be this wonderful thing.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
Watched kfyr news..they managed to interview a few ladies who were absolutely for a central gathering area(we don't currently have that?) Not one guy was interviewed or any one that opposed it. Amazing how the news made it look like the majority of people were for this.
That is why I don't watch any news of any kind. I stay in a better mood this way.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That is why I don't watch any news of any kind. I stay in a better mood this way.
Better mood..maybe. I dont like to have my head in the sand. Can watch news with open eyes and ears and decipher it with the some common sense and research.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
They had a public input meeting at 11:00 AM on a Monday??

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen anything on facebook's "ND fishing pages" yet - strange.

Leftists are better organizers by nature I think.
That’s because they have time for “causes” most of us that are actually paying for this shit are busy trying to juggle work/family life/increased cost of living while they have the time to organize this crap between cashing support checks if some form or another

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just talked to City Commissioner Greg Zinker and he said this is not a done deal yet. The group was hoping to use the land ( $ 2,000,000.00 )as part of their matching funds but can not so the city still owns the land. Greg said he does not do anything on the river so he doesn't know the boat ramp issues. With enough push back from the residence of Bismarck this could still be pushed to another area.
Have visited with city commissioners as well. Wondering how many regret their vote without having input from general public. All have suggested it was simply to allow the project to be eligible for grants, etc. (free taxpayor money). I am not opposed to riverfront development as long as it does not negatively effect access or infrastructure currently in place AND the tax payers are not on the hook for ongoing O & M.

I like how they all say it was simply a way to secure grants etc. If the grants had been secured then I wonder what they would have to say. These steam roller projects torque me in a big way, The commissioners will only regret their vote if the voters makes them regret it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they all say it was simply a way to secure grants etc. If the grants had been secured then I wonder what they would have to say. These steam roller projects torque me in a big way, The commissioners will only regret their vote if the voters makes them regret it.

I am going to hazard a guess they were mostly seeking grants through the city?

Reason I ask (not specifically to you, Davey) is because the most common disqualifier for using something as matching money in a grant request is to try and double-dip from the same group of taxpayers. In this case, the city was already willing to donate the land at a valuation of two million. That usually could be used as matching money if you were trying to get a grant from the state or federal government but is often disallowed as a matching contribution. Most granting agencies specify any matching money has to come from a different source/taxpayer.

FWIW, this is grant application 101, so I am trying to find out what I'm missing from the bigger picture here because the peeps in charge can't really be that ignorant of the process, can they?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The proof is in the paperwork , I read where the commissioners voted unanimously to gift the land. Maybe it was a promise and the transaction wouldn't take place until later .That would be good news.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was told the Commerce Department has stated the land is not eligible to be used to secure their grant, presumably for the reasons @Allen noted.

Email and/or call the Bismarck City commissioners and Mayor to RESPECTFULLY express your concerns. This is not a done deal and more people advocating to keep the ramp AND trailer parking will help.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was told the Commerce Department has stated the land is not eligible to be used to secure their grant, presumably for the reasons @Allen noted.

Email and/or call the Bismarck City commissioners and Mayor to RESPECTFULLY express your concerns. This is not a done deal and more people advocating to keep the ramp AND trailer parking will help.
Better watch out. Sounds like your heading up an insurrection.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

They have the e-mail set to auto delete....

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Watched kfyr news..they managed to interview a few ladies who were absolutely for a central gathering area(we don't currently have that?) Not one guy was interviewed or any one that opposed it. Amazing how the news made it look like the majority of people were for this.
I happened to be driving by when they were packing up from this Fake news interview!! One boat 50 ft. from them packing up and another at ramp loading. They must have declined to be interviewed!!! LOL

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I happened to be driving by when they were packing up from this Fake news interview!! One boat 50 ft. from them packing up and another at ramp loading. They must have declined to be interviewed!!! LOL
I doubt they even asked them for an interview….they probably knew what the response would be. J.R Havens should be fired for allowing this type of local news reporting….does not surprise me though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84