Bis to lose boat ramp

BrockW

I also thank Brock for his posts here.
What I see over and over on this thread is the question "who comes up with this shit?" We need to put some names to that question. It all starts with a person so blaming a group or commission is not helpful, we need someone to name names so we can at least attempt to hold people accountable. Anyone know any names?
In the case of the boat ramp, there isn’t one person. The City of Bismarck put out a call for project ideas to “imagine” Bismarck, with the intent to get projects that improve attractions and economics. That is how this suite of river front projects got submitted.

I’m not privy to what else was submitted or what else was discussed. I just know this was part of a larger initiative to invest in the Bismarck area.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first I saw of the actual plans with no ramp was last fall. Once the final plans came out is when most people realized what was happening and I still don’t think most people thought this was actually a reality. These are the things the elected officials are supposed to vet and make a smarter choice on. I honestly didn’t think our city commission was this stupid to let this happen.

Outside of some of the die hard fishing crowd I still don’t think the vast majority of the public is aware of this. I think if construction starts on this things are going to get increasingly heated.
I would agree with this. I feel like I stay fairly up to date on happenings in the fishing and hunting realm of ND but was not aware of the loss of this boat ramp until a few months ago. I was aware that riverfront development was being pushed but it did not occur to me that taking out a public boat ramp would be a consideration. It may very well have been in the works for a few years but it wasn't very well publicized or made known to the public, that is for sure. I have mentioned this project to a few friends in the last few weeks who fish but aren't real into it and they also had no idea and were upset upon hearing about it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not been able to confirm this potential trust lands bill. So, as of now, only a rumor. I will update as soon as I can confirm, if it’s not already public at that time. From what I’ve heard it’s coming from a landowner/lessee on the eastern side of the state. Again, just what I’m hearing in the rumor mill.
I appreciate you having the Kahunas to come on here and take heat. Keep us all posted. I feel the negotiation and compromise time is over. They won’t stop. They know one side can be pushed inch by inch. It’s time for leaders to push back on some of the garbage that’s floating around. Cwd, this Bismarck project, trust lands. All of it. We need guys with kahunas willing to say what needs to be said leading.

BrockW

I appreciate you having the Kahunas to come on here and take heat. Keep us all posted. I feel the negotiation and compromise time is over. They won’t stop. They know one side can be pushed inch by inch. It’s time for leaders to push back on some of the garbage that’s floating around. Cwd, this Bismarck project, trust lands. All of it. We need guys with kahunas willing to say what needs to be said leading.
I appreciate that. Given your previous comments, I have a feeling we will disagree on CWD, but in terms of the privatization and commercialization that leaves resident North Dakota hunters with less access and less opportunity, in an ever growing pay to play European model of wildlife management. I think we’ll agree more than we disagree. I’m not against paying for things, and I’m not saying every landowner needs to open their land to a free for all, but there’s a difference between offsetting costs and being fair, and raping and pillaging our wildlife resources for the benefit of a few. I think most of us here will agree to fight against that stuff. I know thats what I intend to do.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the case of the boat ramp, there isn’t one person. The City of Bismarck put out a call for project ideas to “imagine” Bismarck, with the intent to get projects that improve attractions and economics. That is how this suite of river front projects got submitted.

I’m not privy to what else was submitted or what else was discussed. I just know this was part of a larger initiative to invest in the Bismarck area.
If I remember correctly there was 1 person who was trying to expand the river front in that area....wasn't his name Bakken? Who the people just elected as a Burleigh County commissioner?...people have no clue who and what they vote for.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agree with this other than the other side is also trying to take your money.....

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I appreciate that. Given your previous comments, I have a feeling we will disagree on CWD, but in terms of the privatization and commercialization that leaves resident North Dakota hunters with less access and less opportunity, in an ever growing pay to play European model of wildlife management. I think we’ll agree more than we disagree. I’m not against paying for things, and I’m not saying every landowner needs to open their land to a free for all, but there’s a difference between offsetting costs and being fair, and raping and pillaging our wildlife resources for the benefit of a few. I think most of us here will agree to fight against that stuff. I know thats what I intend to do.
I would love to know how much money the people that try and get other people's money give to their beliefs...do you give 50% of your income, 25%? I would guess you give very little and justify it as your time is valuable and that's worth money. The people that have these pet projects should crowd fund and use their own mon ey for it. If you and your group come up with the millions WITHOUT taking money from the people unless directly donated by the people you should move along..that is also the same for the other side. STOP taking the peoples money(in my opnion swindling)..I don't get how hard this is to understand by the politicians and groups that have their own agenda. The people should have a say/vote with up front information to make an informed decision....wait a second didn't that happen with the event center?..never mind we are all fkd..

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to know how much money the people that try and get other people's money give to their beliefs...do you give 50% of your income, 25%? I would guess you give very little and justify it as your time is valuable and that's worth money. The people that have these pet projects should crowd fund and use their own mon ey for it. If you and your group come up with the millions WITHOUT taking money from the people unless directly donated by the people you should move along..that is also the same for the other side. STOP taking the peoples money(in my opnion swindling)..I don't get how hard this is to understand by the politicians and groups that have their own agenda. The people should have a say/vote with up front information to make an informed decision....wait a second didn't that happen with the event center?..never mind we are all fkd..
Yep if the state didn't shell out a gracious grant of 4 million do you think those who proposed this would have put in their own money instead. I do hope that you that live in this area will work with others to get this project shut down or atleast postponed until more information on alternative boat landings as well as possible liability issues like drownings are assessed. Don't let these shit heads tell you its too late since clearly public input was never made public via news sources.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep if the state didn't shell out a gracious grant of 4 million do you think those who proposed this would have put in their own money instead. I do hope that you that live in this area will work with others to get this project shut down or atleast postponed until more information on alternative boat landings as well as possible liability issues like drownings are assessed. Don't let these shit heads tell you its too late since clearly public input was never made public via news sources.
Problem like I said before is who we vote for. How many people on here bitching about what's going on yet they probably voted for Bakken....my guess a large majority....

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
If no one said the word cwd ever again and no one talked about it ever again we would continue on the rest of our lives not even knowing it existed. It’s a non issue. It’s the Covid of animal “disease” and it’s straight up another money grab scheme. No one will convince me otherwise. You can say this side or that side or science science science until you are blue on the face but the fact is it wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t made one. If it was killing massive amounts of deer( like a real threat EHD) then sure you have my ear. But it’s so blatantly a made up crock of shit. 90 percent of problems we have today are problems created by government to “fix the crisis” that they do graciously vow to fight with our tax dollars and then funnel grants and “research” monies to their buddy’s who give them a reach around and filter it back through the buddy program. Our good ol boy club in ND is just as bad as anywhere. You can push the real “range science” that’s fine but cwd is and always has been a non issue and giant waste of taxpayer money. But what else isn’t in government these days.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may not be a CWD expert or pathology major but I’m no armchair biologist either. The reason I didn’t wish to continue a career in my field of study was for this very reason we discuss. It’s not about animals or management. It’s about politics and money. I saw it from a young age and wanted no part of it.
3A36DE97-702B-4B93-84C3-1605F4D40FB2.jpeg

BrockW

If no one said the word cwd ever again and no one talked about it ever again we would continue on the rest of our lives not even knowing it existed. It’s a non issue. It’s the Covid of animal “disease” and it’s straight up another money grab scheme. No one will convince me otherwise. You can say this side or that side or science science science until you are blue on the face but the fact is it wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t made one. If it was killing massive amounts of deer( like a real threat EHD) then sure you have my ear. But it’s so blatantly a made up crock of shit. 90 percent of problems we have today are problems created by government to “fix the crisis” that they do graciously vow to fight with our tax dollars and then funnel grants and “research” monies to their buddy’s who give them a reach around and filter it back through the buddy program. Our good ol boy club in ND is just as bad as anywhere. You can push the real “range science” that’s fine but cwd is and always has been a non issue and giant waste of taxpayer money. But what else isn’t in government these days.
Boy do I wish you were right.

Unfortunately, the facts say something vastly different. Every single research effort says the same thing, CWD has negative impacts on deer populations. That isn’t just guessing and computer models, that’s using GPS collars on live deer and tracking mortality. I’ve got lots more graphics, studies, examples like the one below, illustrating this very thing.
1718233283637.png

That may not be convenient to hear, and it certainly doesn’t follow the narrative/conspiracy theories that the “Chronic Wasting Dis ease” FB page tries to spread.

I’m not foolish enough to think this post will change your mind, as many who take your stance have their heels dug in and are not willing to honestly or objectively assess the facts. Perhaps they’re mad about being affected by baiting restrictions, or maybe they just have a proclivity towards conspiracy theories. It is what it is. I’m okay with it and unlikely to spend much time arguing about it on here. I will say the selfishness over baiting is quite ugly and tiresome. Even the most casual observer can see the selfish motivations.

But I guess, some of this can be saved for when the baiting bill comes back for the 2025 session.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I may not be a CWD expert or pathology major but I’m no armchair biologist either. The reason I didn’t wish to continue a career in my field of study was for this very reason we discuss. It’s not about animals or management. It’s about politics and money. I saw it from a young age and wanted no part of it.
3A36DE97-702B-4B93-84C3-1605F4D40FB2.jpeg
Lol that's awesome!!! 😆👍

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Unfortunately, the facts say something vastly different. Every single research effort says the same thing, CWD has negative impacts on deer populations. That isn’t just guessing and computer models, that’s using GPS collars on live deer and tracking mortality. I’ve got lots more graphics, studies, examples like the one below, illustrating this very thing.
1718233283637.png

That may not be convenient to hear, and it certainly doesn’t follow the narrative/conspiracy theories that the “Chronic Wasting Dis ease” FB page tries to spread.

I’m not foolish enough to think this post will change your mind, as many who take your stance have their heels dug in and are not willing to honestly or objectively assess the facts. Perhaps they’re mad about being affected by baiting restrictions, or maybe they just have a proclivity towards conspiracy theories. It is what it is. I’m okay with it and unlikely to spend much time arguing about it on here. I will say the selfishness over baiting is quite ugly and tiresome. Even the most casual observer can see the selfish motivations.

But I guess, some of this can be saved for when the baiting bill comes back for the 2025 session.
Sounds like a covid study

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep trips absolutely right that scientific research is needed to make a conclusive study on the prions. The NDA community is in all actuality sick of this subject coming up over and over again, because for one reason and that is science can not tell us with irrefutable evidence how the prions are transferred from one deer to another. So most have came to the conclusion that's its one of those feel good PR stories for tbe misinformed who have nothing better to do then to talk about the endless stories of herds that are infected all over the country. Brock I encourage you to use out search option in the upper right hand corner because you will find many multiple paged threads on this very subject. And the overwhelming majority agree that scientific research is not a big enough priority in the natural wildlife management budgets.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We should get back to what we know for sure that the anglers of the Bismarck Mandan community don't have any real solutions other then some photos for alternative boat landings. Unfortunately like someone else said most likely no one will care about this because complacency has taken over for the majority of the people in this country. One thing we can all agree on that the covid shit show provided us with that very example that we are complacent with whatever the government wants to do. Sad days

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member

1718233283637.png

Yea I’m not buying what you are selling. Firstly we all know well by now that most of not all government studies have an end in mind and for the data to be skewed or even “fudged” I’d definitely need to know who the author of the Study and what their ties are to any other organizations. Also their methodology. Saying “survival” isn’t causation for cwd mortality. (Example- dying of Covid or dying “with” Covid. Pretty easy in biology studies to make charts and graphs tell a certain story. ESP when the study is funded by a motive. Hard pass. My gut told me Covid was all bullshit from the start and CWD has the same feel. You sound like you may be too deep into it by now to step out and look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 212
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74