Bismarck?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Country House Deli for some good subs. I love the Atomic sub.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the suggestions

We stopped at the Tavern Gill and Bar ( being’s it’s new) for a few drinks just to scope it out, very nice place.

Ate at Charras, I had the seafood chimichanga and the wife had the pork enchiladas 👍🏻👍🏻

Wife is thinking we will be here all day tomorrow and go home Thursday so will try some of the other suggested places

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
How come nobody said the woodhouse….

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
It has a for sale sign on if you’re interested

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Butterhorn is the nicest in town. Expensive, but very good.
Sickies and JL beers have the best burgers, although I often just prefer Culver’s burgers.
Huckleberry House opened last spring and it’s very good, but also expensive. It’s right on the river, which is awesome in the summer.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lots of good recommendations so far. I'll add a few.

Craftcade has very good pizza and free arcade games.

Elbow Room is a good drinking spot. Close to the downtown restaurants mentioned.

India Clay Oven puts on a great lunch spread if you like Indian food.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for all the suggestions

We stopped at the Tavern Gill and Bar ( being’s it’s new) for a few drinks just to scope it out, very nice place.

Ate at Charras, I had the seafood chimichanga and the wife had the pork enchiladas 👍🏻👍🏻

Wife is thinking we will be here all day tomorrow and go home Thursday so will try some of the other suggested places
I really like the Walrus

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Charras is really good. My beef with restaurants is the noise and my hearing. Thus I would rather not go out to eat that often. The Pirouge is our favorite. Pricey but excellent food and service. The Bistro and Butterhorn are both excellent.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not from Bismarck. However, The Walrus seems to be real honey hole.....took awhile to uncover but endorsed quickly

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, I haven't been to the Walrus in 15 years. Are they still primarily an Italian joint?

V, can we rename this thread to Bismarck Restaurants? It'll help me find it when I'm looking to go out and try something different.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn, I haven't been to the Walrus in 15 years. Are they still primarily an Italian joint?

V, can we rename this thread to Bismarck Restaurants? It'll help me find it when I'm looking to go out and try something different.
They have a pretty well rounded menu now - homemade pizzas and soups kinda their specialty IMO but the wife and I just like the small feel to it...great service.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For Pizza you can't go wrong with A&B Pizza.

There Taco pizza is the best.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the Comfort Inn still have the best Happy Hour in town?Think it was called comfort inn.
Been a couple years since I’ve been there but believe it’s called the budget inn now - it didn’t change nor did the drinks get less stiff 😉

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I live here and I always tell everyone , we have got great places to eat from high end down and there are so many good burger places its hard to keep up with them . Basically all of the above you cant really go wrong with

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been a couple years since I’ve been there but believe it’s called the budget inn now - it didn’t change nor did the drinks get less stiff 😉

Hotel changed from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn. The fine cocktail establishment is still the Comfort Lounge.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84