boat ramp dumb@$$es

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can deal with people that are slow because they are solo or have their wife or kids with, if they are using common sense. What drives me nut is the person that waits in line to drop in and sits in the vehicle then when it's their turn to back in they start to remove the cover, load the coolers, water toys, rods, etc.

I am behind this lady every time I go to the grocery store too, she sits and waits for her 100 items to be rung up, bagged, put into the cart, and the total to be advertised on the screen, the lady to tell her the total, then she finally gets her effing check book out of her purse and starts to write the check. Then after writing the check she has to record it in her GD check record keeper, and ;;;;;;; balance the transaction. All before giving the clerk the check.

One of these times I am going to ask the old bag infront of me if she is planning on using a check for her purchases that day and remind her to start writing out the known information immediately.

sorry ;:;hijacked

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say something every time to idiots like this. I fish by myself 99% of the time so I'm sure I piss people off when I dock my boat to get my trailer but I always get in and out as fast I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I say something every time to idiots like this. I fish by myself 99% of the time so I'm sure I piss people off when I dock my boat to get my trailer but I always get in and out as fast I can.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got barked at over in MN for the first time in many moons. The ANS inspector was asking us enough questions to write a book. I told him to talk to the ANS lady as I would have been in the lake and gone. Watch out for the long winded ANS inspectors in the land of 10,000 regulations.;:;blahblah

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am solo or have my 4 year old with 95% of the time. But I am still twice a quick as half of these people. Just the other day I was fishing the river alone. Got back to the ramp and saw a guy driving through the parking lot to drop in so I figured because i was by myself I would wait. He backed down the ramp (up current side wrong in MHO) and then took all his stuff off and finished backing down. Then tied off up current side (right) and made 2 different trips back up to the truck after taking 5 minutes the first time to get down to the boat. I went a 1/4 up river and drifted while I was waiting the second time that I drifted all the way back to the ramp I drove back up river. Then he starts yelling profanity at me because his boat was rubbing the dock. I did not do it intentionally because at the time I didn't care how long it took. If you wouldn't take 10 - 15 minutes to unload a boat you wouldn't get dock rash. I am not complaining about how long he took, I just really didn't like being cursed at by a dipsh*t that didn't know what he was doing.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep bluegills were almost jumping into the boat, also caught a crappie up there. the guy at in the picture was old enough to be my grampa

Then the guy gets a pass. As impatient as I am, I can't yell at those guys. On rare occasions I'll very tactfully suggest a short move would help out a bunch of folks, but I just can't yell at them. Unless they're 'Sconi's! If they're 'Sconi's I'll turn purple and give them the arse chewing that they and the next 6 people deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as the loner is being expedient, he deserves NO chastization.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Post this:
th

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
stories... suffice it to say, i've got a bunch... but, if you're making an honest effort, and give me that little "sorry" or "thanks" wave, like when you slow for someone needing your lane, i got huge patients... btw, nothing i'd rather watch than a kid being all jacked up to go fishing or playing in the water, or head to the cleaning station with their prized catch... could watch that all day long...

when my dad was alive, we were on or off the water in about 1 minute, and never took dock space longer than to jump off or on...

ff to now... my mom goes with me a lot and will not run the boat or back me in... with the toon, i back down and she grabs a rope and holds the toon to the dock till i park the truck and get back down... heading in, she jumps off and grabs the rope and holds the toon till i can get the trailer backed in, then i run it up and get hooked and tight, then she pulls me out... either way it is about 3 minutes in or out without a line, but i still feel guilty holding up the dock at times... btw, we ALWAYS have everything set and ready, on or off...

i figure all the years with dad and being about the quickest in and out has earned me some dock mulligans to use now...

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question...anyone familiar with the rules of using jet skis/jet boats on darling? I've fished the lake a bunch and never seen these toys out there. I always thought they were prohibited?! I personally don't care or didn't until today when some ass hat and his sea doo speedster blocked the ramp today for a solid 15 minutes, it was the typical cooler loading, transom unbuckling, double and triple checking everything all while halfway backed down the only usable ramp. This all went on after they spent the previous 10 minutes waiting for a boat (2 guys) that was backed right up to the water and the guy operating the boat sat up in the parking lot bull shitting with a guy that just loaded his boat. So after dropping my dad off at the dock I spent 25 minutes floating around the bay.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes I'm glad I don't have real boat problems. I can get my 12' aluminum row boat anywhere I want by myself, no trailers, no ramps, no big lakes, etc, wait... Sigh.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish by myself quite a bit so I'll start by apologizing to those that have had to wait for me. I feel like I can run through the process in under 5 minutes most nights. As soon as I tie the boat off to the dock, I'm running to my pickup. The majority of the time, everything runs the way it's supposed to. There are always exceptions to the rule though. If my wife is with, the same steps are involved, as she doesn't even hold the rope. I grew up with a hell of a teacher so I feel like the steps previous to and prior to are taken care of in a manner consistent with not being an idiot.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
if im running the boat or my dad is running the boat it doesn't matter we pull up to the dock, every body jumps out but the driver and either I or my 15 year old brother gets the pickup and back in. as soon as the boat hits the trailer the safety chain is on and the driver of the pick is pulling outta the water. I don't have a problem with somebody who is by them self or has somebody with who isn't comfortable backing in the trailer or running the boat. My only problem with people are the ones who load the boat then proceed to block the ramp while others are in line or somebody who backs half way down them unties the boat, loads coolers, bait, and rods. Those people are the ones that grind my gears

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that really helps are courtesy docks. But than I have seen people sit on them and pack/unpack everything that they need for the entire day. Gov Bay didn't have it in as of last weekend. Every ramp should have one that is out of the way but close to the parking lot. That would help the whole situation a ton.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea like the guy that's got a new boat and is docking by himself. when I pull up to the dock he is holding the boat away from the dock to not get boat rash all I said was your by our self unless you got boat bumper?? At the time there were three boats waiting so I loaded my boat was going to help him but he got job done. I like the ones that never have backed a boat trailer up and can't get the trailer to go straight fun stuff I've backed up more boat trailers this year that belong to people I've never met before then I have in the last 10 years.

89bluefin

Founding Member
Founding Member
im pretty sure its for fishing only if your not fishing your not suppose to be on there??? I may be wrong but that's the main reason I fish that lake no jet ski s wake boarders etc

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't blame ya for not saying anything. I struggle to speak up in that situation as well. This situation along with countless others is a courtesy thing that totally eludes some people, and I will never understand it.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite a show

image.jpg

This is Vidas ramp on rainy River. 200 boats same ramp all first launches of the year... It was a show. We fished till 9:00 pm and launched at 5:00 am to avoid the googans.

had a dude yesterday getting his boat ready on the ramp at Ft rice and thought about this thread. I just smiled and waived.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bush's Landing Mid-Lake Oahe last wk of June '05. I've got roughly the same number of rigs lined up behind me as are pictured ahead of me in the photo. It was beyond a gong show:

Pic018-1.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have pretty much accepted the occasional goofball is going to delay me at the ramp. If I can though, I usually find a fish-able zone within eyesight of the ramp so I can fish until I see an opening - then I hope to race in and "get away with one".

It usually works - but there are still times when Doof S. MacGee comes roaring into the ramp area with his wife, mother-in-law, and 3 urchins.... inner tubes lashed to the boat with tarp straps - and the circus begins. Usually starts off with a 5 minute long attempt just to get the boat backed down the ramp and near the water (with wifey hollering blood curdling encouragement) where they can continue their process of hogging the ramp without even realizing it - or maybe they just don't care.

A bonus however is that the women who hang with these "ramp squatter" clans are usually smoking hot. Still - I resist the temptation to gawk (especially if galwhofishes is on board) and go back to my nearby fishing spot and spend the 10 minutes fishing rather than sitting 30 yards out stewing about it.

If I'm real lucky ::: I've already left the boat and gotten into the truck and am trying to get down to the ramp when they weasel in ahead of me. At that point I am forced to eat ramp stew and admire the fine specimens squatting in their natural habitat.

Sometimes I am simply thankful that nobody died on the highway as a result of the clan leader's lack of driving skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Bush's Landing Mid-Lake Oahe last wk of June '05. I've got roughly the same number of rigs lined up behind me as are pictured ahead of me in the photo. It was beyond a gong show:

WOW! NO WAY!!!!! ;:;banghead

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88