boat ramp dumb@$$es

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years ago I was loading the boat by myself after pre fishing a day before the gov cup. There were plenty of other fisherman at the ramp so I had the boat tied to the courtesy dock as I get the trailer backed in. My turn came and as I leave the truck to get the boat I was running to the courtesy dock. I made it part way onto the dock and hit a slippery spot. Bit the dust right on the ramp in front of everybody, just about going into the drink. I can laugh about it now and the only thing hurt that day was my pride! The other guys on the dock got a little chuckle at my expense.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I married the right woman the second time, she is a trailer backing champ. She can back down in seconds flat with one hand holding the mornings coffee, the other hand steering the pickup.

Sometimes a guy just gets lucky, and thank god it was me this time.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only had one aggravating incident in the last year. At Devils Lake. One side of the ramp with a boat sitting there with 4 people in it.
Boat with 2 foot high "CRESTLINER" on side of boat pulls out and parks it at top of ramp blocking that lane.

Pro fisherman guy goes down and talks to the people in other boat at dock. 20 minutes later he takes off like he's in abig hurry.. Get boat in, the 4 people sitting there were from Iowa and their Crestliner was broke. They were very nice and they actually apologized for blocking up ramp.

And now I will never be able buy a Crestliner :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79