boats

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you ever need to replace the floor in it, you better be smarter than a rivet gun...haha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a pneumatic rivet gun for my last rebuild cuz I was like 100 rivets in... large diameters. My old man hands were cringing. They didn't have the good one - so I bought the crappier one.

Don't buy the crappier one - you'll be using the hand operated device in about 5 rivets.

#carpaltunnelrivetsyndromesucks

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lund Fisherman series for boats in the 2000s
Lund Impacts are their replacement also nice boats
Crestliner Fish hawks are that size and nice boats as well
Ive heard decent things about the newer Trackers but be wary of the older ones.
A look on bisman or walleyecentral will give you lots of options. Some very nice buys out there right now

Beware of Lund transom issues from the 2000s - well documented
Wetliner - see SDMF's rant on the w-liners
Somebody mentioned four stroke -- yammy would be a safe bet. However with that said ---I personally have not had an issue with my etec.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beware of Lund transom issues from the 2000s - well documented
Wetliner - see SDMF's rant on the w-liners
Somebody mentioned four stroke -- yammy would be a safe bet. However with that said ---I personally have not had an issue with my etec.

Yep check the transoms of any boat, lunds had an issue early 2000s. i got lucky with mine, but i dont think they are to hard to replace either.
i agree with the 4 stroke. I have a 115 johnson 4 stroke, built by suzuki and it has been bulletproof. most of the modern injected 4 strokes are pretty solid

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lund Fisherman series for boats in the 2000s
Lund Impacts are their replacement also nice boats
Crestliner Fish hawks are that size and nice boats as well
Ive heard decent things about the newer Trackers but be wary of the older ones.
A look on bisman or walleyecentral will give you lots of options. Some very nice buys out there right now

I think you meant to say the Lund Crossovers are the replacement for the Fisherman series. Aren't the impacts a step down?

Either way, the Fisherman series is indeed a great boat. You should be able to find a good used one from the early 2000s with a Yamaha motor for around $12-18k depending on condition and options. Excellent hulls and motor combination!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you meant to say the Lund Crossovers are the replacement for the Fisherman series. Aren't the impacts a step down?

Either way, the Fisherman series is indeed a great boat. You should be able to find a good used one from the early 2000s with a Yamaha motor for around $12-18k depending on condition and options. Excellent hulls and motor combination!

The Lund rep at the boat show said impact was replacement. the crossovers are a new one, more ski friendly and less multipurpose

But i Agree on Fisherman, granted im biased since i still run a 2004 Fisherman 1700. Only thing i can gripe about is no in floor rod locker... The fisherman got that in 2006.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Crestliner Dakota Pro Am (aluminum) my partner has a Skeeter (fiber glass) On the big water when it is windy there is no comparison.

My bow mount trolling motor struggles to keep things straight. The wind doesn't easily grab the front end of that skeeter and turn it.

I do like the Crestliner on the river. Maneuverable.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been to a boat show in a few years, but I never left there and wanted to buy a 17footer with a 90 horse, I left there wanting the biggest, most sparkly, fastest, most decked out thing there....thus why I don't go to them anymore or let the old lady look at campers there.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha - I left wanting a 17.5 with a 90HP tiller - bought one a few weeks later - happy as a clam ever since (2004)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that was a badass boat in1904

it still is for my style of fishing :;:thumbsup

2015-05-09 10.53.24 - Copy.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't even know this was from a movie. I boycotted Hollywood in 2002. I'm sure this has hurt them dearly.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like those black minnkota anchors work good on the front of aluminum boats for photo shoots too:;:smokin

- - - Updated - - -

plus a black security system you got a hell of a deal on that boat

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
it still is for my style of fishing :;:thumbsup

073 (2)_filtered.jpg

Guy, what is the white box on the bow? Nice looking boat. There sure is a ton of room in those tillers but just not my style. I like the protection from my walk-though windshield on my tyee more than having the open space. Especially when its cold out or I have the wife and kids with.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1
  • This month: 1