Buying a boat.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There ain't a boat out there that doesn't get worked on. Buy it and have fun.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And anyone who's got the discipline to keep a shop clean and mouse-free has the sense to charge batteries now and then.

I hate being such a cynic, but, you know the deal about "Too good to be true".

The shop was very clean and this was not the only nice toys in there. They probably do not know about how onboard chargers work and probably never had a fishing boat. The previous owner to them really set them up with a boat ready to hit the water …… 3 years ago.

But you were right on the too good to be true. They don’t seem to want to get the titles in order and out of the previous owners name. Must not want to pay the sales tax….. but they are tired of me telling them the titles are not ready to make a sale so they called it off. Lucky to have not been kidnapped I guess…… bummer on the boat but they can have someone else tell them the same thing about the titles!

So if anyone is selling a boat let me know! Back to my S.S. minnow for now…..

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
What size of water will you be fishing? 17’ can be great on rivers and smaller lakes. it’s pick your day on sak or Oahe. Also will you be fishing alone or with others? Good luck on the search

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What size of water will you be fishing? 17’ can be great on rivers and smaller lakes. it’s pick your day on sak or Oahe. Also will you be fishing alone or with others? Good luck on the search
I would like a 18’ or bigger boat but I can manage with a 17’. I wish I fished enough to justify a 18-20’ boat. Used a 17’ for years on Sak and made it work. I’m fine with not going too far on windy days if I’m dead set on fishing in those conditions. Been out many days in a 16-17’ boat in conditions that I really should have been onshore! Max I’ll be fishing with 4 people. 3 is tight in my 16’

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone ever fished out of an Alumacraft Voyageur 175? Looking at one with a 115 Suzuki in the lower $30’s. Looks to have plenty of space for a 17’ boat, it’s a little narrower than the Competitor and Trophy.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I7ter will work the blow days are overrated. Wind blows hard enough thry all go home

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84