Canada/LOW resort?

onpoint!

Established Member
Looking to take my adult son on our first/last Canadian fish trip. He’s in Michigan, so I thought I would meet him about halfway, which is around LOW and we would head north from there. We will try to find several species, but mostly walleye is on my agenda. Intend to bring my own boat unless it turns out to be a hassle.
Any wisdom from the group would be appreciated! I know we could stop at Devil’s Lake and other fine fisheries in the US, but we have talked about this for years and I’d like to make it happen.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have taken numerous jaunts up into Canada fishing. None guided. But all renting a cabin on a lake and also fly ins. To me, the fly ins were the most enjoyable. We primarily did our flyins north of Lake Superior flying out of the Nipigon area to some of the smaller lakes. Then staying at a cabin(s) that you just brought your food, clothes and fishing gear. They supplied ice and bait too. It was a blast. I remember many times catching walleye after walleye. My longest string was 10 casts with a jig/minnow, ten walleyes. LOL Good Luck! It sound like it will be a fun adventure for you.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately I don't have a recommendation as I have never done a Canadian trip in that area but once you do one you want to do another. I got 3 drive in trips and 1 fly in and just need to set myself up for another, it's been too long since I've been back. Our girls are older now so that helps, time to set the money aside I guess and get my pass port done again

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to go back to Canada some day. Not sure if I can get in with my cough cough 2 time driver error tho.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking to take my adult son on our first/last Canadian fish trip. He’s in Michigan, so I thought I would meet him about halfway, which is around LOW and we would head north from there. We will try to find several species, but mostly walleye is on my agenda. Intend to bring my own boat unless it turns out to be a hassle.
Any wisdom from the group would be appreciated! I know we could stop at Devil’s Lake and other fine fisheries in the US, but we have talked about this for years and I’d like to make it happen.
A bunch of guys and myself, do a fall trip every year. We fish Minnesota/Ontario. PM me if you're interested in a place to stay on the Minny side.
Fish On!

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've fished little bear island quite a few times now. You can rent out the whole island. Troy and Sandi have an excellent place with all the amenities. They are by Morson Ontario and paved roads right to the boat landing. Fishing for bass, lake trout, crappie and walleye.

onpoint!

Established Member
We've fished little bear island quite a few times now. You can rent out the whole island. Troy and Sandi have an excellent place with all the amenities. They are by Morson Ontario and paved roads right to the boat landing. Fishing for bass, lake trout, crappie and walleye.
Their site says a boat-in camp… their boat or mine?

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their site says a boat-in camp… their boat or mine?
They have a rental you can use. I've brought mine and used theirs. Personally prefer to take mine as I'm not worried about not having something I wanted. PM me if you want more details on it. We usually do an ice trip, and open water trips.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How are the rocks up there? I heard it can be difficult getting around without taking out a lower unit if you are unfamiliar with the area.
I've never had an issue. Bought the Ontario chip for hummingbird and have ran all over. I do highlight anything under 10ft and 6ft in different colors. No worse then running devils or sak on low water. Most of my fishing is within a mile or so of the cabin. Long runs we have followed people for a trail.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 53