Chad Issak trial

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was of the mind that it got bent in the washing machine or dryer, especially if it were open, and there were other items in with it.

that seems highly implausible to me

you ever bent a knife tip? I have not.... and I've used old filet/hunting knives for purposes which could/should not be practiced. Those tips are incredibly durable/strong.

But I CAN imagine them bending in bone if I slammed them into a ham hard enough.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very interesting reading and following this post.
Remember it happening and didn't know if it went to trial before now or not.
Keep posting, appreciate it.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This guy is definitely guilty but the question is why he did it. There has to be something that hasn't been uncovered yet. You'd think if someone else was involved in the planning or reason for it he would have tried to cop a plea for that info. His defense is going to have a real hard time dismissing all of the surveillance footage and items found in his home. I'm really surprised Bruce took this to trial. He's a damn good defense attorney but he's not getting this guy off.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There has to be something that hasn't been uncovered yet. You'd think if someone else was involved in the planning or reason for it he would have tried to cop a plea for that info.

I wonder about this too, not knowing how the justice system works , I wonder if it's in his best interest to hold out to see what direction the trial seems to be going before he makes a big announcement in a last ditch effort that will open up a whole new can of worms. Maybe stir up the jury enough for a hung jury or mistrial ?

I'd bet there is at least one person or more watching this trial and sweating bullets. maybe the affair was overlooked ?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
that seems highly implausible to me

you ever bent a knife tip? I have not.... and I've used old filet/hunting knives for purposes which could/should not be practiced. Those tips are incredibly durable/strong.

But I CAN imagine them bending in bone if I slammed them into a ham hard enough.

I have, yup, but only while grossly mis-using the knife, and it was a poor quality one.

Usually things bend when prying...

I just thought, he must be an idiot to keep these things, after he used them in the commission of a crime. He could have tossed them off any one of the bridges crossing the Missouri. Unless someone actually saw it, and knew what they saw, they'd never be found.

Anyhow, with this whole thing, the attorneys know what they're doing. The prosecution has a mountain of material, and they're laying it out in an orderly, logical fashion. The burden of proof is on them. They have to be able to honestly show, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he did it, and that he did it without a whiff of any mental lapses or issues. Otherwise, the penalty, if found guilty, is going to be reduced.

As I said before, I think he's guilty, but I know that the jurors have to be utterly convinced, not by what they might have read in the paper or online, or heard from friends and neighbors, but by what's laid out in the courtroom. As a matter of fact, they have to be able to convince both attorneys that they can be open-minded during selection, or they'd be stricken before the trial.

It's not very cut-and-dried at all.

Honestly, (devil's advocate here) this lack of emotion could be part of his eventual defense. Some could point at him and say "look, he didn't even know what was going on during his own trial - he clearly has diminished mental reasoning".

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing there are odd cuts on the victims that fit with that bent knife tip being involved

what are chances it bent on bone the very last plunge??

I was thinking it got bent while stabbing bodies laying on the floor? Didnt they say there was a ridiculous amount of stab wounds?

Slacker

This trial is definitely pointing out one thing for sure... This guy is a bat shit crazy lunatic that should be arrested for that reason alone

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This trial is definitely pointing out one thing for sure... This guy is a bat shit crazy lunatic that should be arrested for that reason alone

The scary thing is, sometimes this is used as defense and they are found not criminally responsible because they are bat shit crazy.
I have a family member who told people he wanted to kill someone. One day he woke up and gave it his best shot and almost succeeded. He forever ruined a lady’s life In The process. During the aftermath he fully admitted he just woke up that day and decided to kill someone. He was found not criminally responsible because he did not have the substantial capacity to comprehend the harmful nature or consequences of his conduct and got ZERO sentence and is walking the streets today. You and I paid for that trial and I can tell you he is batshit crazy, never was able to comprehend consequences of his actions, and is dumb as a box of rocks. HOWEVER, those are all things that should be used to throw people in the slammer, not keep them out!

It’s messed up. This case with Isaak is no slam dunk. The crazier he is, the more nervous I get that he will be out soon. The justice system is not cut and dry…far from it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking it got bent while stabbing bodies laying on the floor? Didnt they say there was a ridiculous amount of stab wounds?

my point was, whatever he bent it on, I bet it was during the act - and he didn’t stop right there - he kept going

so Columbo is betting some of the wounds show the pattern of that bent tip

- - - Updated - - -

if so, it’s open/shut go have a beer (except him - no beers for him)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could be wrong, but doesn't the "I'm not mentally capable of understanding" defense need to be brought up ahead of the trial? That's a whole different defense than the current, "Not Me" one they are using.

Someone, anyone?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he was washing the articles and trying to cover up the crime, then he "understood" very well.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not like they found him stumbling along a ditch, twitching and talking to a fencepost.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

it's not like they found him stumbling along a ditch, twitching and talking to a fencepost.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been there before.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I casually have been watching the trial. After the past couple of days, I'd say Isaak looks like a defeated man with the way he carried himself at the end of today's proceedings. It's like he knows he's been caught red handed, much unlike the smile/smirk he had in his arrest photos.

Finding what appears to be blood on/in his pickup is going to be the nail in his coffin if they come back next week with DNA or some kind of blood typing that can link it to the victims.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every vehicle I've ever owned has blood in it. Between my cuts and scrapes, to my dogs, or animals I've harvested, there's always old blood stains in my truck.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another possibility with the bent knife, did he bend it after the act intentionally? Would be pretty cagey of him if he did, that is if he wanted to keep it as a trophy on his past deed, knowing if he was caught with it, it wouldn't match the stab wounds being the blade was bent.
I know that is reaching a bit but crazy people do crazy things.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who's the piece of shit ass weasel in the parking valet sportcoat next to him?

I know what hes doing and why hes being such a dick but I would bet dollars to donuts its more likely pissing off the jurors.

imho his act makes him seem like the type of person that smells his dirty dress socks while fondling his pet rabbits genitalia, not sayin he does but, thats the vibe thats coming through the livestream.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who's the piece of shit ass weasel in the parking valet sportcoat next to him?

I know what hes doing and why hes being such a dick but I would bet dollars to donuts its more likely pissing off the jurors.

imho his act makes him seem like the type of person that smells his dirty dress socks while fondling his pet rabbits genitalia, not sayin he does but, thats the vibe thats coming through the livestream.
are you ok? This analogy is a little disturbing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33