Chain Sharpening

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ace Hardware.. They do a good job of sharpening but have doubled their price in the last year or so. I have files and a jig and try to do touch-ups between trips to Ace.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you guys have a Napa, they just did two for me for $5-7 (stupid me said, "that's it!?") sometime it's better to just stfu I suppose, but I was pleasantly surprised not paying out of my ass for something finally like our good ol days I guess..
They'll always have my business and recommendations as long as they don't toe the line of this trendy bs of raping their customers I guess. That's how it should work..

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I helped a buddy of mine years ago who cut trees for years. He was a pro. I watched him sharpen his. They cut so nice!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
i spent around 100 bucks on a bench sharpener from harbor freight works great
Do you have a specific model?

I recently took in six, 8 inch chains (polesaw) and it cost me $72. Seemed a bit pricey. I had recently picked up a couple new chains for $15 a piece. Not sure why I'd sharpen them anymore unless I can do it myself.

BTW, Ace in Bismarck contracts its sharpening of chainsaw blades out to a local fellow. Don't remember his name, but he does all their chainsaw blades, and probably other stuff. Part of why it's gotten so pricey.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 251
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 63