Electric hook sharpener

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone have a small battery powered hook sharpener they like? Want something to quickly tune up a hook point on jig or crabkbait while fishing.

Looks like berkley and others used to make these but now they are all called "line strippers" with a hook grind stone.

Been fishing a long time and see no purpose for a battery powered line stripper.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1710348603745.png

I have had one of these for 30 yrs or so. Not sure they even make them anymore.

It's a lifesaver when I'm in some loser's boat and he doesn't have a sharpener on board. :D

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a small battery powered hook sharpener they like? Want something to quickly tune up a hook point on jig or crabkbait while fishing.

Looks like berkley and others used to make these but now they are all called "line strippers" with a hook grind stone.

Been fishing a long time and see no purpose for a battery powered line stripper.
Line strippers make quick work when respooling numerous reels.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
small diamond file works good enough for me, or just set the hook a little harder!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did many moons ago, must be buried in my fishing stuff. With new hooks now days I have not needed too or I just replace hook. dig deeper online.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1000001556.jpg

Decided to try a set of Eze-Lap diamond hones in a range of grits. Will pick one for the tackle box and surely find uses for the others.

Tried to find one of those keys but no luck. The other grooved sharpeners available didn't look great.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84