Chick Fil a

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
New York City put a ban on large sodas. You can't super size, another choice restricted.

Thanks obama

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
we ate at firehouse subs after the gym last night. was quite good and what they do to help out local fire/police departments is pretty cool.

any fargoians know when king Leo's is opening? maybe it already is, if so how is it?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the Fargo Foolem King Leo's is opening this month.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with BDub fast food does kinda suck. Being from small town ND though a sports trip to a town that actually has fast food is great even if you didn get a guy ache by the time you got home. McDonald's in Williston was exciting. Minot where there was a choice between Burger King and subway off the chart exciting. It's all kinda a only in a big hurry option now. The Hardee's frisco has taken a step back it seems but I'm still a fan. Kfc used to have a twister combo that hit the spot as well. Oilfield food trucks had on the go food as good or better than any. The funny part about McDonald's is as much shit as people talk about it wherever you travel the longest lines are still at McDonald's. Doesn't seem to be even close. I believe the NYC one in Times Square is still the busiest food joint on the planet. Might be wrong on that but I think it was at one time. And that in a town where the liberals are succeeding in shutting down food and drinks that taste good.

Not to hijack the thread but the employees out east demanding a $15 minimum wage is interesting. Saw one guy on TV a couple weeks back stating he was still at minimum wage..what ever that is $7.25hr or whatever it is..after like 5 years of working there??????????? Really now...just what type of worker do you think he is if he has gotten like no raise in 5 yrs????? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out maybe he is getting over paid the way it is!!

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice and enjoy some ice cold domestic light beers just so you can spring for the culvers burger or something similar. Every once in awhile i'll stop at the golden arches for a pink slime double cheeseburger. About the time that last bite goes down the regret starts to sink in and i don't go back for awhile.

On the subject of chicken, the chicken cordon bleu sandwich from grand junction is something to drool over.

grand junction is one of the things I miss most about fargo moorhead

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I miss the exciting dance troupes and mimes.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's grand junction?

Only ate there a couple times. I'm not sure if the only thing they serve is subs, but that's what I inhaled. good stuff. They still in that 19th ave strip mall?

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you fellas in fargo remember that diner on north broadway next to a loaf 'n jug? Had an apartment in that area for a year or so and destroyed their caramel rolls which in turn, destroyed my insides.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's grand junction?

Grilled subs. They bake the bread in house, which I feel is the best part. Fresh cut fries also.
Somebody can chime in and correct me if need be, but they have 2 locations in Fargo and 1 in GF. GF had one a few years back, but it closed. New one just opened back up by the Alerus Center.

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to hijack the thread but the employees out east demanding a $15 minimum wage is interesting. Saw one guy on TV a couple weeks back stating he was still at minimum wage..what ever that is $7.25hr or whatever it is..after like 5 years of working there??????????? Really now...just what type of worker do you think he is if he has gotten like no raise in 5 yrs????? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out maybe he is getting over paid the way it is!!

Lots of truth there. McDonald's is definitely a place where a person can work up if they are at least competent. On the other hand I do have some respect for those folks at least they choose to have a job. So many others choose otherwise. One of the crazy parts about the oilfield is McDonald's was offering $18-20 per hour starting pay with housing and they couldn't get any American folks to move in and take those jobs. We have had a few of the ones shipped in on visas as customers from time to time and the ones I have talked to are making cash like they have never imagined and having a great time out here with it, which is great that they are also supporting the economy. The bad part is they are also sending loads of cash back home. Once it leaves it doesn't come back. Go to Walmart and the biggest line in there is the one to wire money to Mexico. Many folks from the old eastern block countries filling up the fast food jobs over there. Make no mistake though Americans had the first crack at those gigs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88