Chiropractic for a newborn

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dimethicone is a cream for itchy dry skin. Simethicone is a med commonly used to relieve GI symptoms; primarily in infants (main med in gas relief drops).

6ae2b17697674b7b61b893ab7f8f0eb3c3de6bf894a8f0ccf8f1fc39fd80cdd0.jpg

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
As i said in post #5. Chiros can do amazing things in the right hands. Lotta hacks out there with more graduating every year. If you go to a chiro that charges money up front and tells you how many times it will take to fix you before they even start, beware...

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple quick things.

First, for the couple people hating on Chiropractic, what do you suggest? I'd like to know your treatment and see your randomized controlled trials.

Second, other Aaron, I know that it seems pretty bold to make a statement that Chiro's can influence a body's functions, BUT it does happen, it is basic neurology. No, it isn't Bone + nerve = that nerve doesn't work and bad things happen. It is far more complicated than that.

I've learned quickly that arguing with people on internet threads is NOTHING but a giant waste of time, time that I don't have. If what anyone has said in this post "fires you up" and you'd like that crazy chiropractor to explain, just get a hold of me. I'm not here to feed trolls, I'm here to help people. (Well not exactly HERE, I'm here to talk about hunting and fishing and sick baits and stuff.) Those who don't like Chiros, I'm sorry, that's too bad. But if your opinion is already one that is so negative that you feel the need to speak out against us, I don't foresee me being able to change your mind. If that's not the case, please let me know, I pride myself in understanding HOW things work. I love being able to explain to my patients WHY something happens.

Last thing. One of the founders of Chiropractic name is BJ. "Phil Latio" coincidence, I think not!

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are anomalies with in biology all the time. I see a few every year and find issue explaining how or why. If you have back problems a chiro can definitely help. My wife broke her back a few years ago and has benefitted greatly. But if the chiro was more reliable to improve issues (i.e. colic or being sick) it would be more referred to as MEDICINE and not holistic.

As for a study, you need a "check" (no treatment) to test this properly. And to be unbiased I'd use a proven medication that reduces acid reflux as a treatment and not itch cream. That study by definition is biased. I'd never get one of my research projects published with an experimental design like that.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple quick things.

First, for the couple people hating on Chiropractic, what do you suggest? I'd like to know your treatment and see your randomized controlled trials.

Second, other Aaron, I know that it seems pretty bold to make a statement that Chiro's can influence a body's functions, BUT it does happen, it is basic neurology. No, it isn't Bone + nerve = that nerve doesn't work and bad things happen. It is far more complicated than that.

I've learned quickly that arguing with people on internet threads is NOTHING but a giant waste of time, time that I don't have. If what anyone has said in this post "fires you up" and you'd like that crazy chiropractor to explain, just get a hold of me. I'm not here to feed trolls, I'm here to help people. (Well not exactly HERE, I'm here to talk about hunting and fishing and sick baits and stuff.) Those who don't like Chiros, I'm sorry, that's too bad. But if your opinion is already one that is so negative that you feel the need to speak out against us, I don't foresee me being able to change your mind. If that's not the case, please let me know, I pride myself in understanding HOW things work. I love being able to explain to my patients WHY something happens.

Last thing. One of the founders of Chiropractic name is BJ. "Phil Latio" coincidence, I think not!

I referenced the flawed research study and verbalize concern
over Chiros that may overstep. I feel Chiropractic medicine has strong merits in some circumstances. I also do not let a few quacks influence my thoughts about the profession as a whole. There are "bad apples" in every profession. I may be a skeptic in some respects but do recognize situations that Chiros can greatly improve someone's life.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46