Cleanest 22 Ammo?

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aguila. Nasty filthy crap. Picked some up when things started to come back a couple years ago. It doesn’t even pass the sniff test. Glad I didn’t go too wild buying it but it does go bang I guess

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm damn happy with any Aguila I've shot out of a bolt gun. I really haven't found anything "dirty" since Win. T-22's. I tolerated it because of their accuracy. My standards may be lower since they became scarce.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm damn happy with any Aguila I've shot out of a bolt gun. I really haven't found anything "dirty" since Win. T-22's. I tolerated it because of their accuracy. My standards may be lower since they became scarce.
I have been happy with Aguil accuracy also. I use them in Ruger 10/22 that I purchased in 1968. In fact that is what I have that rifle sighted in with. Still somewhat dirty.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I guess it's more of a concern from an automatic. I wouldn't be surprised if the old T-22s wouldn't stop one.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just now watched a review on t h e BX-2. They are sure inexpensive. I went to Max hardware and bought a lighter spring that fit the trigger. Then I drilled a hole on the back of the trigger guard and tapped it. I used an Allen screw and run it in up against the trigger until it wouldn't fire then backed off a half turn. Do you think the BX-2 would be worth it for me?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Put in the BX-2 and swapped out the buffer pins with the hard rubber one's. Man what a change for the good. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 21
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7