Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The moral for the day is? There's always more to the story than the initial first look....hold judgement until all the facts are out. Farmer could've handled it better, hunters weren't naive and completely oblivious to what could happen if they pushed the line. Pun intended.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was the land owners, I would sue the kids for monetizing a video without permission. They probably made 50k so far I would want my cut.
There’s no way they’ve made 50k. My biggest video is 281k views and that made $1040. They’ve definitely made some $$, just not that crazy much.

That being said, if they did orchestrate and selectively edit the situation, they made a garbage decision and will give another black eye to those of us who enjoy filming and storytelling. There are plenty of people who do everything the wrong way just to cause controversy and drive views. I’d be pretty disappointed if I have been supporting them and it turns out they’re a bunch of liars. Landowner and hunter relations are shaky enough, we don’t need to make more drama. If they were, in fact, in the right and this guy just went nuts on them, then they deserve every penny they get. If it was all a set up, I hope they get the punishment they deserve.

If the farmer was set up, that’s really shitty, but I cannot see a single way to justify him acting the way he did. He’s a grown man and absolutely did not compose himself like one. I would be embarrassed if he was my family member. Maybe if anything, this is an opportunity for old Jeff to get some therapy and settle his high strung butt out.

deleted—account

The moral for the day is? There's always more to the story than the initial first look....hold judgement until all the facts are out. Farmer could've handled it better, hunters weren't naive and completely oblivious to what could happen if they pushed the line. Pun intended.
What are you a moderator? This has to be outdone now to get views. This farmer has been publicly doxed. He’s getting death threats. Can you grasp that gravity? Does he deserve that for giving a butt chewing?

deleted—account

There’s no way they’ve made 50k. My biggest video is 281k views and that made $1040. They’ve definitely made some $$, just not that crazy much.

That being said, if they did orchestrate and selectively edit the situation, they made a garbage decision and will give another black eye to those of us who enjoy filming and storytelling. There are plenty of people who do everything the wrong way just to cause controversy and drive views. I’d be pretty disappointed if I have been supporting them and it turns out they’re a bunch of liars. Landowner and hunter relations are shaky enough, we don’t need to make more drama. If they were, in fact, in the right and this guy just went nuts on them, then they deserve every penny they get. If it was all a set up, I hope they get the punishment they deserve.

If the farmer was set up, that’s really shitty, but I cannot see a single way to justify him acting the way he did. He’s a grown man and absolutely did not compose himself like one. I would be embarrassed if he was my family member. Maybe if anything, this is an opportunity for old Jeff to get some therapy and settle his high strung butt out.
They 100% posted that to get views and drive controversy. I make sure no one brings a camera near my land after this. If other land owners are smart they will do the same.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oct 23, 2022

Well…. What a morning It was! You can’t make this stuff up. Unfortunately ruined our hunt but boy did we get some good footage!

Footage that belongs in the dumpster fire .

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
They 100% posted that to get views and drive controversy. I make sure no one brings a camera near my land after this. If other land owners are smart they will do the same.

Cool part about owning your own land is, you get to make the rules. It’s a bit of a shame that people who do things the right way get “punished” for the acts of people who don’t. Kindof resembles the old “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” thing. The tool is only as good as the person using it.

Playing devils advocate here, but cell phones are going to make that an all-but-impossible situation to avoid. The shitty thing is that the only other option is going to be just saying “no” when asked for permission.

If the video on YT was edited heavily, that’s going to get found out by the prosecutor. They aren’t going to accept anything but the unedited files I would imagine.

deleted—account

Cool part about owning your own land is, you get to make the rules. It’s a bit of a shame that people who do things the right way get “punished” for the acts of people who don’t. Kindof resembles the old “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” thing. The tool is only as good as the person using it.

Playing devils advocate here, but cell phones are going to make that an all-but-impossible situation to avoid. The shitty thing is that the only other option is going to be just saying “no” when asked for permission.

If the video on YT was edited heavily, that’s going to get found out by the prosecutor. They aren’t going to accept anything but the unedited files I would imagine.
None of the footage can be used in court. It was on private land without permission. It will be tossed right away. But could you imagine getting into an argument and the video gets edited and now you have random people threatening you?

I will probably only let locals I know hunt after this. If other land owners want to risk it that’s their business.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
None of the footage can be used in court. It was on private land without permission. It will be tossed right away. But could you imagine getting into an argument and the video gets edited and now you have random people threatening you?
I’ll be very interested to see how it all turns out with the prosecutor. Hopefully they do what they are supposed to and the correct people learn their lesson.

One thing that is for sure, Jeff has some anger issues and didn’t help himself. A little composure would have changed the outcome of this all instantly.

deleted—account

I’ll be very interested to see how it all turns out with the prosecutor. Hopefully they do what they are supposed to and the correct people learn their lesson.

One thing that is for sure, Jeff has some anger issues and didn’t help himself. A little composure would have changed the outcome of this all instantly.
Yea who knows, maybe the kids were saying some stuff to bring that out. I will be interested to know if you still support their channel after all this.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member

I will probably only let locals I know hunt after this. If other land owners want to risk it that’s their business.
I’ve all but stopped asking permission to hunt private anymore. I have one great landowner who has let me archery hunt his property, but besides that, I just hunt public now. It’s not that I wouldn’t love to hunt more private. You just never know what happens when you knock on that door anymore. You could get a yes, you could get a no, or you could get chewed out for having the audacity to ask.

There’s one outcome that is for sure with this situation. There will be landowners who become angry at hunters and there will be hunters who are bitter towards landowners. It’s lose-lose for hunters in the middle. In the end, landowners have the final say and I’m afraid it’s just going to keep getting more difficult.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea who knows, maybe the kids were saying some stuff to bring that out. I will be interested to know if you still support their channel after all this.
Like I said, if it turns out that I was mislead I’ll be pretty disappointed. If that’s the case, I am not too proud to admit that I was wrong and change my view of the situation.

Honestly, if it turns out they were the instigators I’ll be more critical on them than most. I’ve been working on growing my YouTube channel for years doing it the right way. Jacob’s channel did in one night what I’ve been working on since 2017 because of that video. If it turns out the video wasn’t legitimate, that’s a big slap in the face to everyone else trying to make the YouTube thing happen.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you a moderator? This has to be outdone now to get views. This farmer has been publicly doxed. He’s getting death threats. Can you grasp that gravity? Does he deserve that for giving a butt chewing?
Not sure exactly what you're getting at with the "moderator" comment nor did I say the farmer deserves death threats. What my comments meant was that jumping to conclusion without all the facts only leads to misinformed opinions and fuels the fire.

Like it or not, video is a reality in today's world and editing is a "thing". I've done my best to teach my kids this exact lesson, whether they're in the right or not - can't take it back. It can forever taint a person's reputation.

FWIW....In either case - a landowner acting the way Jeff did or the kids videoing/editing the event - don't represent all who fall into those classifications. There many landowners and videographers that represent themselves with honor and integrity. ^^^Look no further than the gentleman who posted before me^^^

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Cool your a lawyer. Would be interesting what the actual real lawyer around here has to say.
I guess don’t be a dick and there’s nothing to edit and no video to make. I also don’t believe you for one second they were baiting that guy into any thing. Hard to trust some one who is new and hides behind a screen name and starts making up a bunch of stuff.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if there is any truth to them being warned to stay away from this guys field. I would like to know more about that. If the bean field owner told them to stay away knowing someone else was hunting there or if the owner just knew the other landowner was a jerk.

deleted—account

I’ve all but stopped asking permission to hunt private anymore. I have one great landowner who has let me archery hunt his property, but besides that, I just hunt public now. It’s not that I wouldn’t love to hunt more private. You just never know what happens when you knock on that door anymore. You could get a yes, you could get a no, or you could get chewed out for having the audacity to ask.

There’s one outcome that is for sure with this situation. There will be landowners who become angry at hunters and there will be hunters who are bitter towards landowners. It’s lose-lose for hunters in the middle. In the end, landowners have the final say and I’m afraid it’s just going to keep getting more difficult.
Yea, for me personally I’m sick of getting hounded 24-7 during seasons. It’s draining.

I am surprised someone such as yourself would associate with this young man. Have you seen his criminal record?

Either way the courts will do their job and we all get to go back to our day to day. Which is more of a train wreck given prices of fuel and fertilizer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14