Cricket scope rings

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a .22 cricket for the kids to plink with and learn how to use a scope. Cool little gun. Problem is the rail for it won’t work with regular scope mount rings as it’s too narrow. Anyone know what kind of rings a guy can use on a skinnier rail to mount the scope? BB gun scope mounts? Don’t really want to order to “attachment” rail for it as I’ve read it raises the scope so it’s almost too high for kids.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
cricket sells rings and mounts and scopes that are made for the cricket 22, thats the route I went with. Scope even had mill dots for ranging. LB
Does the scope sit higher than a normal rail mounted scope? Some of the forums I’ve read seem to make it sit higher than normal so kids have a harder time getting their cheek on the butt of the gun and able to look down the scope…..

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will have to dig it out of the gun cabinet and look. I bought the whole system to teach my short armed wife how to shoot 25 years ago. LB

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will have to dig it out of the gun cabinet and look. I bought the whole system to teach my short armed wife how to shoot 25 years ago. LB
Yes it does sit a little higher but I think its that way so the bolt has good clearance of the scope. LB

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the replies. I may see if I can find some cheap BB gun mounts around town and if that doesn’t work I’ll go LBs route.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My .02 and no insult intended: Once kids can shoot a good group with iron sights; they should be able to reliably hit a tossed steel (soup) can: Next; they should reliably "snap shoot" a decent group @25: I hate peep sights: <<<This can be accomplished over the "rim": Reinforce "follow through" when the scope is introduced.

I'm a self taught "shot" with the aid of OL, F/S and G&A: I killed my first deer running along a high wall @45yds with a 16ga slug.

That is all.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, as good as that sounds I’m not too certain I can squeeze all that in, in time for my daughter to be ready to shoot her first doe this season. I mean if I were training her for a red dawn mission or some shit I think your program would be legit. Lol she does well with the .410 now so I’m trying to introduce the scope on a gun that won’t make hamburger of her shoulder until she can get the scope and finding the target in the scope down. I want her to be confident first and then introduce the bigger pew pews. I’ve learned that with girls it’s a slower process and going to big too soon could turn them off completely to guns and hunting.

I would like to add that if shit goes south in the world and a red dawn type situation arises I would like to cordially invite you to be on the same team as me 😀😂
My .02 and no insult intended: Once kids can shoot a good group with iron sights; they should be able to reliably hit a tossed steel (soup) can: Next; they should reliably "snap shoot" a decent group @25: I hate peep sights: <<<This can be accomplished over the "rim": Reinforce "follow through" when the scope is introduced.

I'm a self taught "shot" with the aid of OL, F/S and G&A: I killed my first deer running along a high wall @45yds with a 16ga slug.

That is all.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just get a set of 3/8 inch rings. Thats the width of the grooves on the receiver.
Agreed, that's the simplest route.

Redfield 22 rings

Truglow 22 rings

Lots of rifles that have some sort of open sights also have a comb that's a bit low for a scope, it's not a difficult or expensive fix. Mount the scope. Have her look through the scope. Compare the cheek weld to the rifle she's going to use for deer this fall. If adjustment/height is needed on either stock to get her eye positioned properly, buy some pipe insulation of the proper thickness and add it to the stock's comb.

Here's another option for the deer rifle, though it won't work on the cricket because the cricket stock is too small:

cheek riser set

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47