Custom rods

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody on here build custom rods? I just watched some videos and looked a the cost of supplies. I think it would be a fun little hobby and might try building and ice rod in the near future.

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked it up a little over a year and a half ago. It is a fun hobby and I can definitely build a high end rod for substantially less when I add up all the parts. The time involved is what makes it worth something. So far I have done open water and ice rods. The toughest to build are the ice noodle rods for panfish.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I build both ice rods and traditional rods. I’d be happy to help with any questions you might have. Also happy to help anyone looking for a custom rod.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a fun hobby. I like to build one or two during the brutal cold snaps we tend to have every year.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enjoy it as well. Have been building rods during the winter months for many years including spin, casting, and fly rods. I agree with comment above that ice rods can be a pain due to diameter of blank, etc. Learned from the best, Chuck DeRemer, many years ago. He is truly in a league of his own. I have an extra 11 RPM rod dryer to loan if someone in the Bisman area would like to give it a try. Lots of great u tube video on how to. I use Mudhole for about 70% of my supplies and equipment. Their website has several vids on getting started.

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
V Line Custom Rods has some nice components also

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! There's a lot of rod builders on here. I might look to a few of you for some insight if I need too.

Thank you

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Auggie is a wealth of knowledge, I've been building for about 10 years now.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been building for a couple years in the Bismarck area as well. I’d be happy to spread the knowledge I’ve picked up from others. I second Vline as a great place to get your ice rod supplies.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 40