8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
46397E40-D0A9-4313-A3CC-BBDFD34FBE01.jpeg
Thought you weren’t hunting this year

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
You didn’t hear about the EHD wipeout last year in central and western ND?
Yes, but that was LAST year and I thought you were talking about east of the state with EHD for this year. I did that last giving my tag back, then only see bunch of people go north and bag and tag deer and said deer were running around up there just fine. It was closer to the river were the EDH hit mega big time. Mule deer survived it just fine......this area the tags are for any anterled or anterless. Knew a party of 5 guys all had tags and filled...so who was the dumb one last year? Me. Just like you thought I was doing the good deed...got laughed at.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
2H was abysmal. At least the public. 10:1 hunter-to-deer ratio. I'm waiting until the last weekend to try one more time. And that's just for a doe.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a side note....how many people are actually checking for electronically posted lands. I've talked to a few guys over 60 and they pretty much say I have not idea now to check that bullshit. Interesting.........

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a side note....how many people are actually checking for electronically posted lands. I've talked to a few guys over 60 and they pretty much say I have not idea now to check that bullshit. Interesting.........
It really poses a problem for the older people who don't have a clue how all this electronic posting BS works or how to access it because they are not 'computer or iphone literate'. And it not their fault they were not really brought up in the digital age. I'm 59 and I'm very very computer literate. So I have no issues dealing with it, but they are people who have no clue. Then they are confused as hell to why this is come to what it is.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I consider myself fairly computer literate. I'm 54 and use computers for my job every day. I still get confused by some it though, as do our I.T. guys. I've never tried to use the app or whatever they have to look up the land.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saturday morning my daughter filled her youth tag with a mule deer buck. Was an awesome hunt to experience. Stalked in and belly crawled up to her comfortable range. I was nervous with her holding steady in the wind but she dropped him in his tracks. Pretty sure i have never gotten buck fever like i did that day. Proud dad to say the least!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that the nation's WT herd was swept by COVID. How much NDGF money was spent testing for COVID and its effects?
See,

this is the kind of stuff that has Brek all riled up. You fat, racist, old man...

You been out this way already this gun season? Or your not coming?
mrs johnr has a moose roast I could get rolling if you are coming out this way.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw plenty of deer last weekend and throughout the week. Im going to climb up in the stand tomorrow morning, pour some coffee, put the heater on and watch the ND HS FB games on the tablet. Plan to sit all day with the snow and cold coming in!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would imagine at age 76 i could learn how to look up if it is posted or not.
But have no interest in learning.
Only bow hunt on the same land that i have hunted for years. All the deer variety I need is found on that land.
Will continue to put up paper signs as to no hunting allow.
Maybe the landowner of that land will post electronic, up to him/her. db

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would imagine at age 76 i could learn how to look up if it is posted or not.
But have no interest in learning.
Only bow hunt on the same land that i have hunted for years. All the deer variety I need is found on that land.
Will continue to put up paper signs as to no hunting allow.
Maybe the landowner of that land will post electronic, up to him/her. db
You don’t own this land your always talking of?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shooting rudies in the AM, about 20 of us headed to the secret honey hole.
Didn't get a tag this year, so probably see the monster tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83