Dentist admits killing beloved lion

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
i shoot a lot of things for sport, so i guess im fine with him shooting a lion for sport

unless he knew he was breaking the law (and i dont care if he knew it was collared/beloved/'tame') he holds no responsibility. that would lay firmly with his outfitter and/or ph

rumor has it he's hiding in nd

end

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
so far, i've only seen the "liberal" view. "tame" "gentile" "regal" "magestic" bla.bla bla.

if it wasn't for hunters $$, african game would be decimated. makes me wanna be a dentist:;:thumbsup

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it didn't require traveling into enemy territory, I think I would have just found my next dentist. I could listen to his awesome hunting tales as he's fiddling around in my word hole. "Then there was this time we used tannerite on pronghorn..."

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure 99% of the people complaining, calling him out, etc had no clue that lion even existed until it was dead. For $50,000 I'm also sure mr Palmer didn't know what the PH/guide were doing was illegal. It was a wild cat not someone's pet for Christ sake. How many lions are killed/poached each year? No one says a word about them. Just completely idiotic the way people get over a stupid lion

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it was a filmed and documented 13 year old lion with a radio collar. Not a good one to kill.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fact that he is a dentist seems very important to the liberal media.

Jimmy Kimmel cried when talking about it last nigh on his show, WOW

Seems insane that the king of the jungle, one of the best hunters in the jungle, a savage beast with a blood thirsty appetite, would bring such reverence and love with the liberals. I thought they hated that hierarchy of kings, and wanted everyone to be equal and spread the wealth, blah blah blah. Well this Dentist just evened the playing field for all the little dik diks out there in Africa.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
“The saddest part of all is that now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho, will most likely kill all Cecil’s cubs,” Rodrigues said.

I thought this part was pretty neat. Mother nature is one crazy SOB.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it was a filmed and documented 13 year old lion with a radio collar. Not a good one to kill.

WRONG!! perfect one to kill.
people are humanizing wild animals. makes me sick to see a collar on a critter.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasn't that he shot a lion (or even that particular lion), it was the way he went about it. It was poaching and he was a party to it, no matter what his lawyer tells him to say. And on an ethical level, it was about as unsportsmanlike as a hunt can be.

Yes, there has been a huge over-reaction by the media.

If you are a true sportsmen and want to be able to hunt and own firearms in the future, I wouldn't be defending this guy.
No doubt these hunts in Africa do a lot of good for the local community, but this isn't one to use as an example of that.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
WRONG!! perfect one to kill.
people are humanizing wild animals. makes me sick to see a collar on a critter.

Then why not go and shoot a collared big horn out west? My point was shooting a collared protected animal is going to get u in big trouble.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
PHP:
I might of missed something in the article, but what part of this lion was protected? They lured it out of the park and shot it on a game farm. How many elk are shot here every year the same way? It is perfectly legal to shoot a bighorn or mountain lion here that is wearing a collar. They are all being filmed and studied. Other than a bad PH I cant see where he did anything wrong.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then it was legal. I didnt realize it wasnt shot in the no hunting zone.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brothers sister in law is the secretary for this dentist at the office and has received over 500 emails from people to her personal email a lot of death threats, had people following her from the office and has had to wait for her husband before she felt safe getting out of her car. People need to get a f*kin life, this pisses me off, if you paid 50,000 for a lion hunt in a different country and felt safe leaving it in the hands of your guide and professional hunter you probably had no idea what was going on behind the scenes, and then for people to go after the dentists office workers.. come on... grow up people.. liberals piss me off.... end of ;:;rant

- - - Updated - - -

all of the posts you have seen me put up of deer ive shot, food plots i've made, trail cam pictures i have, those all came from her fathers land that i hunt religiously, and this poor gal is getting the brunt of these PETA fers and she doesnt even hunt that awesome land she has because she doesnt hunt! send all those people all over her to my door step and ill give them a piece of my mind, i've got lots of bloody pictures i would love to show all of them!

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Luring animals out of Game Park is illegal.

Shooting a lion with a radio collar on is illegal.

The game farm he shot it on had no permit for a lion = illegal.

Trying to destroy the radio collar is illegal.

I guess anyone that doesn't agree with this guy's hunting methods is a liberal lol.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Luring animals out of Game Park is illegal.

Shooting a lion with a radio collar on is illegal.

The game farm he shot it on had no permit for a lion = illegal.

Trying to destroy the radio collar is illegal.

I guess anyone that doesn't agree with this guy's hunting methods is a liberal lol.

as i said before, im guessing that most of this was done by the people already there, the professional hunter and guide, im willing to bet that he wasnt all brushed up on his policies of hunting lions in africa, so why dont ya either jump off the liberal train or get off this site, because you wont last long

- - - Updated - - -

this is fromt he grandforks herald, and LionAid is a group to protect lions stating it is legal to pull them off national parks and to shoot collared lions is also legal...

LionAid noted that hunting lions with a bow and arrow, even those with radio collars, is legal in Zimbabwe. It’s also legal to bait lions out of national parks; the group called it “standard practice” — and called for a halt to it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“I hope Walter Palmer loses his home, his practice and his money,” wrote Ozzy Osborne's wife, Sharon, on Twitter. “He has already lost his soul.”

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75