Devils Lake bite

SB43

I know that everyone is usually pretty tight lipped about the walleye bites but my wife and I are heading up there in a couple weeks. It will be my first time fishing it in a boat. Was up there this winter and managed to find the perch after a day of drilling (second day we found them in the first hole along with a few nice walleyes), just wondering where a good place to start would be or what to look for so both days can be somewhat productive. Plan on putting work in to find them but any info would be appreciated (going to be tenting to try and keep trip cost down...hope it is at least hovering around 50 for the lows :))

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the water warms up by then, you should hit it good. Afternoons if you can find water temps in the mid to upper 50's, you'll start to catch walleyes. Try to find shallows with some cover in warmer water later in the day and you'll get em. If you hit a cold spell and water is low 50's, bring some leaders and catch pike.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
unless it's in the upper 80's the next two weeks straight pike are gonna be your best bet.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
We tried boat fishing it last weekend. The 40 mph winds really put a damper on navigating to the spots we wanted to fish and what we could do.

Ended up drinking about 5 gallons of lake water and not catching a thing. Lesson learned: keep an eye on the weather, if it's awful and you still want to go you should shore fish

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
FishstI ck were u in a crestliner

We were in a 17 ft Tracker, launched off Graham's and saw two other boats all Saturday morning. Let me know if you find any Native (brand) shades somewhere near the Pelican bridge. They were blown off my head

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 89
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33