DLVFD Tournament/Raffle

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't qualify based on looks. I'm moderately Putinesque for my age.
putin-1.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
no shelters?! im out

- - - Updated - - -

and no flashers? what kind of hotel is this?

Wags, you do get to use a depth finder :;:smokin
And
81P4M2BZsPJL_SL1500_-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mmm.... the hair is actually not similar

are you familiar with the movie The Fly?

No can't say I do for sure maybe

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its too hard to cheat with no shelter.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm... WHAT!!!????

- - - Updated - - -

ooh ooh... what's the cutoff?

Best option..for those it pertains to...show your handicapped sticker on your truck window..parking crew will send you to the handicapped lot and a side by side will come and get you..you can just sit in your truck in the lot until a ride comes. Believe it or not.there are lots and lots of blue handicapped stickers out there...good to see. I wouldn't suggest crashing that handicapped parking lot if you are able to walk though.
Yes..you can drag your calf sled out there with your stuff...and walk back to your truck as well before tourney after you have staked out your hole(one per person). No electronics...and no checking depth prior to the gun shot start. List of all rules are on that website I posted earlier...fun time...I would suggest if you are coming..call hotels now..prolly not anything open but worth a shot....another thing more than a few people do..make a weekend out of it and bring the ice castle and stay in that at nite.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its too hard to cheat with no shelter.

When they had the tournament on the north end of the bay, most who participated never got a bite, I guy could have one a truck with a perch that weighted less than a pound. You could of threw it in your pocket so it didn't freeze solid. I believe the guy who won the truck the last year on the north side did just that. Not sure but if he did he is the smartest guy in the history of ice fishing

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they had the tournament on the north end of the bay, most who participated never got a bite, I guy could have one a truck with a perch that weighted less than a pound. You could of threw it in your pocket so it didn't freeze solid. I believe the guy who won the truck the last year on the north side did just that. Not sure but if he did he is the doucheiest guy in the history of ice fishing

fixed it

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather is always terrible for that tourney. The wind the wind the wind.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will there be concessions/facilities for the gay community?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather is always terrible for that tourney. The wind the wind the wind.

Also, the wind.

No electronics of any kind. No shelters. I have tipped my sled up on end, and sat in the lee of it, and was asked not to do that. I said "but I'm likely going to die - DO YOU WANT THAT ON YOUR HEAD??", and they said "you can always leave".

they were not douchey about it at all. I'm kidding. But they won't let you even sit inside your sled. You can bring a chair, but you will likely end up standing up, so you can keep moving. Bring your warmest boots. Bring a heater (which will do next to nothing with the wind)(but the heater WILL neatly melt your line when the wind blows the line against it).

Bring a metal coffee can and some charcoal briquettes and some lighter fluid. And some paper to light it all. Trust me. Oh, and bring a hammer or a pry-bar or a hatchet. The holes will be considerably re-frozen by the time you start to fish.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
First time I seen the ole coffee can heater in use was at this tournament last year. Seemed like the old buggers had it figured out. I, too, got yelled at for tipping my sled up. I wasn't even sitting in it but my buddy heater was. Damn thing wouldn't stay lit. Our group of five was quickly nixed to three about an hour in. We left with an hour left of the tournament and went to the stri...church.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
What did you pray for? Big bountiful boozums? ;:;rofl

There are so many people doing jumping jacks on the ice trying to stay warm you'll think your at an exercise class.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another tip to keep in mind...and I am not spilling any secrets here so relax..haha. Tourney committee members mentions the same thing on the radio promoting it..take a look at your ticket(picked mine up yesterday)...look at the fishing prizes as it may sway your decision what species of fish to target and what portion of the derby boundaries and what rod and tackle to start with. This year for example...2nd place northern is a 2016 Ford 150 ext cab.., 1st place perch is a hard shell fish house and 4th place walleye is an ATV.
I think they ball park about 4000 fisherpersons actually on the lake each year...depending on the cold and wind..I think they sell something like 16,000 tickets so the vast majority buy just for the raffle prizes.
I have done my share of volunteering for this event every year so if any of you fellow NDA'ers have questions, I think I can answer most of them...hail them my way..hahaha I think there are like 200plus volunteers that help in one way or another to pull this thing off.
It is a well run tourney by mostly volunteers. Top notch. Many many many people come back year after year after year.
Now...off to Rooster hunting I go! Good luck all!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 70