DLVFD Tournament/Raffle

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't qualify based on looks. I'm moderately Putinesque for my age.

Psychological Profile of Vladimir Putin, 2009 [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](Excerpts) [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]Shannon E. McAfee
Obsessive-Compulsive Personality:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Using Dr. Jerrold Post’s
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1 [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]definitions of political personality types, Putin falls into the category of an obsessive-compulsive (O-C) leader.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]Like this ???? :;:muahaha

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So do they pre-drill holes? Hand Augers only, is this a caveman tournament?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used a hammer

Was it hammer time, did you have some sweet zubaz pants on too.

If it was 250 miles closer, might be a fun event to weather.

I can stay at home and catch no fish just as easy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can always have someone else open your ice hole up and don't forget your wd-40 and Rv antifreeze the pink stuff to make sure to keep your hole from freezing up.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So do they pre-drill holes? Hand Augers only, is this a caveman tournament?

Yes, Holes are predrilled by volunteers the morning of the tourney. They have a free breakfast the morning of the tourney at the KC Halll for all that want to help. Then everyone heads to the tourney site and tourney chairmen hand out 15 augers to groups of 4-5 and out on the ice they go. Depending on ice thickness it takes about 2 hours to drill the 4000 plus holes that are drilled. But yes...if its cold out...bring a hammer as you may need to reopen.

- - - Updated - - -

is the GPS in a phone considered an electronic device and then banned?

- - - Updated - - -

Is the contest area known in advance?

2nd question is easy..yes...the contest area is in the same place each year. Works great with the field that they plow for the parking lot. Location did change a number of years ago though..but for the most part..yes..it is in the same location...same parking area..
GPS question ...I am not sure on that one..I am sure the chairman will address it if it isn't in the rules. Ahhh yes..technology...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I could have gotten a ticket...always miss out....but with my hindsight...I could buy all the damn raffle tickets...and never win..just my luck.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I could have gotten a ticket...always miss out....but with my hindsight...I could buy all the damn raffle tickets...and never win..just my luck.

There are many that get a ticket that do not fish. Work out a deal with a ticket holder who isn't going to fish(perhaps sharing of any fishing prize you may win).

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One good thing is the weather as of right now is going to be one of the nicer ones as far as temps go.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and your metal cans, charcoal, and wd40

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have to do some fishing in 6 mile to watch all the ruckus.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have not used WD-40, or anti-freeze. metal can with charcoal works pretty well, and can use it to warm the digits. I have a freshly sharpened pry-bar in my bucket. Note to self. It does not float.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beautiful day for a ice tourney didn't catch anything but its a tradition all the same. Just like the Vikings maybe next year. Wdaz news guy doing a report the next row over I never realized that the reporter actually will do a dozen or so takes before he thinks he got it right.

IMG_20160130_144548.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 333
  • This month: 215
  • This month: 180
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80