Driveway Oil Stains

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have an effective method to remove or reduce oil stains on the driveway? I tried a few chemicals and pressure washer last year, no bueno. YouTube searches seem to leave me hopeless that it's really possible.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use wd40 on concrete,works great,give it a whirl,
Do you let it sit for a period of time? Do you hit it with a bristle brush or broom? Pressure wash after it sits?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you let it sit for a period of time? Do you hit it with a bristle brush or broom? Pressure wash after it sits?
Yeah wd40 breaks down the oil after 5 10 minutes, ill scrub with bleach to finish the job,kick myself for not appling epoxy seal coat after i poured the concrete garage slab but my old oil leaking honda is on its last leg with 230k miles,my new truck (2022 retirement gift from corporate after 30 yrs of service) sits idle with fuel costs we have today,6k miles gets 20mpgs on a good day empty and a tailwind,honda grocery getter 35mpgs city .hard to shit can the shoe box car.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah wd40 breaks down the oil after 5 10 minutes, ill scrub with bleach to finish the job,kick myself for not appling epoxy seal coat after i poured the concrete garage slab but my old oil leaking honda is on its last leg with 230k miles,my new truck (2022 retirement gift from corporate after 30 yrs of service) sits idle with fuel costs we have today,6k miles gets 20mpgs on a good day empty and a tailwind,honda grocery getter 35mpgs city .hard to shit can the shoe box car.
230k miles on a Honda....Just getting broken in!

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
230k miles on a Honda....Just getting broken in!
Agreed but... i find myself leary of driving the car to far from home,i bought this 2004 honda new for my mother as her grocery getter car before she passed away,pretty sure the automatic tranny fluid has never been changed, no records i could find,my folks were anal about keeping paperwork even documenting fuel costs on every fuel fill...why? Who knows.lol

Coldfront

Established Member
I am going to try WD40. Right now I use brake cleaner. It might take several try's. I also hit right after I spot oil. There are different kinds of brake cleaner. Some leave a film. I use one that I buy from an auto parts store that mechanics use. I then scrub it with Dawn dish soap.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its amazing what brake fluid uses are from paint remover to internal firearm cleaning components with paying for the same shit called "birchwood casey" at twice the price and now oil spots....

Im using old furnace filters to sop up little spot leaks these days,it helps.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1712585112604.png

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have an effective method to remove or reduce oil stains on the driveway? I tried a few chemicals and pressure washer last year, no bueno. YouTube searches seem to leave me hopeless that it's really possible.
Was it clear-coated/sealed? If so, I would imagine some of the colorful molecules in the oil diffused into the clear coat, out of reach of detergent/solvents. Meaning that until the clear coat is removed the stain will remain.

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanx #guyintheknow like always.

Ill add this solvent to my industrial cleaning shelf,now to find a hot cleaning lady.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanx #guyintheknow like always.

Ill add this solvent to my industrial cleaning shelf,now to find a hot cleaning lady.
It cleans up asphalt and other gunky oils without risking damage to plastic parts or clothing. Road tar melts away rapidly.

d-limonene (orange peeling squeezins)

available at Acme Tools, Amazon, some truck stops

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I see Amazon has several cans and jugs of this stuff,spendy but if it works....im in.

Does it work on skunk smell? Hoping for a cure all,dang pup...anything that stinks.ugh.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see Amazon has several cans and jugs of this stuff,spendy but if it works....im in.

Does it work on skunk smell? Hoping for a cure all,dang pup...anything that stinks.ugh.
Buy a single can first - lasts a long time and works on a lot of things.

Only after you are certain it suits you should you buy in bulk (like Lyc does).

Never tried it on skunk - but should have! Royce stunk for 6 months this last time. It's like it got into his DNA. I think it's hard on eyes though - probably removes natural tears or something.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah im eye balling the spray can,all i can afford as my tax man tells me to take a loan out...f me....my tax $ to give to bidens family members from Mexico, ugh.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

You can buy it in NAPA and lots or other local stores I get all of mine here in Bismarck form local Rep all good stuff once done take floor dry and rub it good with your foot cleans concrete like new again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 42