Drones and Air Space

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our world today destroying a wetland is a federal offense,doing so permits are required plus other restrictions today ,our wetlands are precious commodity today more so than years past.yoy had a beautiful wildlife area ,sad you lost it.
For building infrastructure it is required and most of the time it has to be replaced. The water boards, not so much. I get that water must flow, that's on no brainer but they must not agree or realize that storage capacity is a real thing during an unusually wet season. I have another doozy , across the highway I have another pond that has floating bogs, tried to post a google earth pic but I can't find that option. Anyway I always thought it is cool how that pond changes shape from year to year. twice the bogs had floated towards the drain culvert under the highway and the county had a heck of a time getting the plugs out. I get a call from water board , we are going to get rid of your beaver because they are plugging the culvert. I told him about the bogs and he said well beaver will use cattails if they don't have wood to use. (pond is surrounded by trees) I reminded him of that and he was flexing his authority so I wasn't going to argue. I told him to have the county foreman give me a call me and he said he would. I never heard from foreman but they put a hog panel in front of culvert and problem is solved. I felt bad for putting road foreman on the spot but I wanted to talk to someone with a little common sense. I suppose he thought he was gonna get his ass chewed for being the middleman again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hijack the drone topic but it felt good to get that off my shoulders , been bottled up in me for too long. I guess it was drone related. I remember one neighbor who I enjoyed the most when I was a kid , He told my dad there has been more fist fights at dances over water than girls and giggled with his funny giggle that sounded like Popeye

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry to hijack the drone topic but it felt good to get that off my shoulders , been bottled up in me for too long. I guess it was drone related. I remember one neighbor who I enjoyed the most when I was a kid , He told my dad there has been more fist fights at dances over water than girls and giggled with his funny giggle that sounded like Popeye
Ageed davey,what happened to you was Minnesota wetland and other states demise drain tile of our prairie land turned to farm land then urban subdivisions followed or "urban sprawl".

I seen this 20 + years ago pheasant hunting in the middle of no f ing where nebraska,street signs on country gravel roads years later model homes popped up,sloughs and farmland drained,more development followed

Last edited:

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers occasionally "fill in" low spots in dry years and don't get hit for removing wetlands. Some states have resorted to using old aerial imagery and satellite images to go after businesses that expand into wetlands. Hefty fines and restoration costs are usually levied. I read of a concrete company that got caught this way. They kept dumping old concrete into a wetland to expand their yard.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well my take as a new copter drone pilot the feds have regulations for us recreational pilots starting with said drone weight,these small light weight copter drones under 250gms are limited on range and height and are useless in strong winds,however larger full size drones (over 250gm) more stable in strong winds require a recreational piolet license and are federally restricted in drone altitude (400') and restricted from flying over hiways and residential homes and must stay certain distances from active private and commercial airports for obvious reason,get caught doing above flights results in hefty faa $ penalties

Drone pilots that use drones for commercial use such as building inspection, real estate listing properties etc must pass a commercial piolet license test and can be used to fly over hiways and neighborhood s.

Ideally drone manufacturers recommend only flying drones within line of sight but so far not law,my DJI drone (weight over 250gms) has a 16 mile range and is said to have a 1600' altitude cap but I wouldn't know,these thing are totally invisible and silent at 100' most high end copter drones that use a quality hand held controller have built in warnings is said drone enters restricted air space some controllers will shut down drone flight if warnings are not obeyed.

Chatter recently about restricting certain copter drone sales like DJI drones as these drones are made in china with a possibility of ccp spying capabilities but ive herd nothing recent regarding this issue.in the mean time these copter drones are alot of fun to use most have excellent built in micro camera's for still pictures and video's with camera zoom of 28x and night vision modes.

Ill admit ive used mine to scout my hunting area looking for active waterfowl field feeds and daily resting sloughs saving my gas $ for ammo etc.
Where did you get this information from? I have a commercial drone licence, part 107, and your post is full of misinformation.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 251
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 47