Dry January

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's amazing how much the body will be craving sugar as a person quits. My interest in needing candy bar or something went up, don't drink caffeine for over a year now so if I have a pop it's a Squirt or something like it, sparkling water like Bubbly helps with the desire for carbination. Also breaking the ques or habits such as walk into the garage and going to the beer fridge for a cold one or driving past the local watering hole or typical store stop instead of pulling in. Jan 18th will be 12 months for me since a change in lifestyle was needed for my health. I'm not going to say its been easy but more doable than I ever imagined with the right combination and support I have.
Good luck to those looking at making any lifestyle change that they feel they need make. I still am yet to stop using chewing tobacco, have came close but start back up again

If you like carbonated water, its pretty easy to make at home, just need a keg, a regulator and a CO2 bottle. I started out making it using an adapter that hooks directly to 2 liter soda bottles but that becomes tedious after a while. So I bought a dedicated Keg which works much better. Besides the initial investment its super cheap and satisfies my craving for something bubbly, without the bad stuff included.

This one can fit in a fridge fairly easily

Amazon product

I have a heated, but cool garage so I got something bigger

Amazon product

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. Shrubs takes soda water next level.... and requires very little sugar.
They save my bacon week one of dry January. You can make them from practically any fruit - frozen fruit from Costco or Sam's to save money.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/altons-cocktail-time-shrubs-0186744
Never heard of Shrubs, sounds interesting. AB is a mastermind and has guided me many a time in my culinary ventures, always enjoyed his science bits
1705618273416.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88