Dry January

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dry January Lament

Thirty days has September, April, June and November.

Unless a leap year is its fate, February has twenty-eight.

All the rest have three days more, excepting January, which has six thousand, one hundred and eighty-four.

[stolen from some guy named Brian Bilston]

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It has been dry except for a beer at supper once in a while. i am on weight loss/lower the surgar kick.

Problem with Jan is it is not outdoor friendly unless if you want to dress like ice fishing.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s been great . Even with some cold coming now atleast there’s little to snow . This is helping out the deer big time . GF better up the doe tags this next fall so cwd doesn’t get ‘em

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am taking the middle ground approach as i am hoping to continue it way past january and i don't have the ability or will power to quit entirely just yet. so, i am limiting myself to 2/day. hopefully, that will lead to a "what's the point of just 2?" and make it a bit easier to quit nearly entirely in the next month or so. gorging on water and fish like a whale though.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's amazing how much the body will be craving sugar as a person quits. My interest in needing candy bar or something went up, don't drink caffeine for over a year now so if I have a pop it's a Squirt or something like it, sparkling water like Bubbly helps with the desire for carbination. Also breaking the ques or habits such as walk into the garage and going to the beer fridge for a cold one or driving past the local watering hole or typical store stop instead of pulling in. Jan 18th will be 12 months for me since a change in lifestyle was needed for my health. I'm not going to say its been easy but more doable than I ever imagined with the right combination and support I have.
Good luck to those looking at making any lifestyle change that they feel they need make. I still am yet to stop using chewing tobacco, have came close but start back up again.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently started drinking creamer and sugar with my coffee, gave up Reese and Sunkist and only drink on pitcher of kool aid a week. I see those 2 companies quarter earnings went down since I stopped eating their products 🤣
Not quite 50.so trying some new habits
Ps yeah I'm a quiter

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
refined sugar gives me a host of crappy symptoms - cheating by eating treats over the holidays makes me feel like I’ve been run over by a truck

aches, pains, low energy late in the day, you name it

easiest way for me to avoid sweet garbage for me is cheese, smoked almonds or mixed nuts

I need to start harvesting deer every year and making it ALL into snack stix

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
smoked almonds
Probably my favorite snack
Sweets are at the bottom of the list

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
same here. i rarely eat candy, sugar, chocolate or pop. regardless, the easiest way not to eat that shit is just not to buy them, have them in the house, etc... out of sight, out of mind. its easier said than done at my place though as my wife has a helluva sweet tooth. i don't have a problem walking past the bag of truffles. but, on the off chance i do imbibe, i instantly recognize what i've been missing. it triggers something.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t like sweets. No candy or cookies here. But I like my beer and Copenhage. If I ever get the idea to quit either one, the end is here, Jesus is coming back. I’m fat and accept the fat that beer makes me fat. ill drink a beer and have a dip on my death bed.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been abstaining from alcohol Mon - Thu for quite some time now. Usually have a couple bourbons Fri, some beer on Sat, then little wine on Sun. Not sure if this is a great idea for my liver...at the age of 58, but I feel great and go to the gym 5 days a week. Guess no guarantees in this life, but you try to stack the deck in your favor best you can...IMO!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84