Dumbest thing you did all summ

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Left my good net at the fishing cleaning station. New one has my name and number all over it now.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Backed into a dock with my boat trailer fender busting it up. :(

Forgot to remove a strap between the boat and trailer. Wondering why the boat won't come of the trailer even having it backed up to the truck exhaust.:cautious:

Ran the boat over the drotto latch, bending the handle on it and breaking my transducer mount on the transom. :mad:

Summer aint over plenty of time to do more damage......;)

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I flew to Rome, Italy in June from Bismarck with an interconnecting flight in Dallas. We each checked a large suitcase when we checked in and each carried a small suitcase as our carry-on. When we were waiting in Bismarck to board the flight to Dallas, the agent offered to check our carry-on bags for free all of the way to Rome. Sounded like a grand idea since we wouldn't have to drag them through the Dallas airport. Keep in mind that the time when we made that decision was about 4 AM.

Eventually we arrive in Rome but no luggage. We checked with the airline and filed a lost luggage claim. Turns our out bags were still in Dallas and we had a cruise ship to catch later that day. So we had no choice but to begin the cruise. Unfortunately the carry-on bags that were checked contained our meds, phone chargers, and the wife's hearing air chargers.

We reported the lost luggage to Guest Services on the ship and they did an excellent job of staying in touch with American Airlines and keeping us advised of our luggage status. So on the 5th day it was delivered to the ship. Meanwhile we had gone shopping in Naples and Messina and purchased a few articles of clothing, phone charger, etc. Medical Services on the ship was able to provide us with critical medications so all turned out well. We had trip insurance so I am now trying to get reimbursed for the cost of the additional items that we purchased.

I know! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!! No need to remind me!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have learned the carryon is worth dragging around. When we went to Mexico I didn’t even need my checked bag if it got lost.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I forgot the Sonar head and went fishing without it. Caught fish without it but wouldnt feel comfortable somewhere else not knowing depths while cruising.
Lost a boga grip bank fishing, but might be able to find it when i go back.
Broke an expensive outdoor knife.
Took my ice castle camping for night fishing. Planned on watching 80s movies that had just been ordered. Forgot xbox was on top bunk. Drove to the lake. Discovered xbox was on floor. Put in the Never Ending Story and the xbox tried to loudly eat it. DVD drive was completely crushed internally. Digital media and games still work.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84