Emergency Aquatic Nuisance Species Rules in Place on Red River

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sad part(and potentially good part) is that many skilled fishermen have decided to give up live bait in favor of helping innovate and build confidence in artificials. There will be A LOT more innovative baits hitting the market that will change fishing as we know it. Unfortunately, it will be to the demise of the mom and pop bait shop(unless they have stocked the new "hot" stuff).

Nobody has come up with an artificial catfish bait that is worth a damn.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man thank god this wasn't a big deal back when they brought us pheasants, partridge, salmon and muskies.:;:smokin

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know buck I read most post back in the day on fbo site so I knew where you were coming from:;:thumbsup, I still think carp would do more damage to our ecosystem Devils lake basin. Just like some wish white bass limits should be increased because of how much they eat, they look like piranhas when they are in big schools and will bite anything in their path. During spawn, when channel A was an actual channel,. White bass would make their way up to the culvert under highway 2. They would be so thick all u needed was a bare hook.

Kinda surprised by the limit on white bass, Erie has, or at least used to, have no limit on WB, maybe they want them for pike food in Devils and elsewhere up here. Devils is def a unique fishery, probably unrealistic that nothing foreign makes it in there, suprised someone didn't throw enough carp in there back in the day to have it full of them now. No offense to the carpers but I can do without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Man thank god this wasn't a big deal back when they brought us pheasants, partridge, salmon and muskies.:;:smokin

Was thinking that when I said I dislike carp... #uglynastytastingexoticslivesmattertoo!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the positive outlooks of devils lake water is that zebra mussels do not fair well with water with high salinity.

So start dumping left over salt water from the oil wells in to Devils and zebras will never have a chance! Heck, if we get the salt levels high enough, might even be able to raise some brine shrimp in ND!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So start dumping left over salt water from the oil wells in to Devils and zebras will never have a chance! Heck, if we get the salt levels high enough, might even be able to raise some brine shrimp in ND! ;:;badidea

Lycan, no no that will not work it will kill all the fish, then devils lakes political discussions will take a dive talking about sconis and blue platers. Lycan you will have to come up a better armchair conservational solution. Think lycan think the fate of the sconis depends on your idea. :;:thumbsup

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cousin fishes Lake Michigan (lives in Sheboygan) nearly every weekend. Has had some of the most amazing salmon fishing he has seen in his life there the past few years. So I don't think you know what your talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Limits were reduced because the fishing has been amazing the past ten years. Therefore every Tom, Dick and Harry have been going there.

- - - Updated - - -

I tore the carpet out last winter and replaced the whole floor and carpet. The floor had a couple bad spots but since I was in there I replaced the whole thing. I checked out the transom and it was good as new. 2000 model boat that has 1000 hrs on the motor so it's seen alot of water time.

- - - Updated - - -

Last year the MN DNR was successful eradicating zebras in Christmas Lake in MN. They used a chemical that didn't harm the fish. It's very expensive but I would bet if it was used on a large scale the price would drop dramatically.

Oh boy imagine that eyexer knows someone but has no real world experience on Lake Michigan. The fishing is still good there but nothing for size like it was back in the day. I have fished out there a lot and the person i fish with has been going there since before the zebras hit. The fish were bigger and fatter prior to zebras mussels. Anyways arguing with you is almost as bad as arguing with a Hillary lover. Just a waste of time.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh boy imagine that eyexer knows someone but has no real world experience on Lake Michigan. The fishing is still good there but nothing for size like it was back in the day. I have fished out there a lot and the person i fish with has been going there since before the zebras hit. The fish were bigger and fatter prior to zebras mussels. Anyways arguing with you is almost as bad as arguing with a Hillary lover. Just a waste of time.

But how is the scuba diving now?
post-5-0-66679400-1362154635.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

When talking lake Michigan are you talking eyes or are you talking trout and salmon? Used to go out to Algoma every year for salmon and was just wondering if it has fallen off. They were always talking about how it was about to go down the drain but at that point it was more like CWD and the overpopulation of snow geese in that it was about to be a catastrophe in a population fall off but yet every year it was still fine. Like I said its been a few years so just curious to see if the drop off has started?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished there half a dozen times in the 80's. Yea they we're bigger then but the size started to diminish before the zebra's rolled in. But by all means keep believing all the nonsense.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71