Everything you need to know.

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I'm a failure, my son who is a senior this year, told me that they are teachers are wasting their time teaching things you can google on the internet. Because all you need to know is how to apply what you can google. That generation will be so easy to take over just shut off the internet.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a daughter going to her first dance today, so I'll gladly take your sons issues instead of what I'm doing today. However, you're NOT a failure. Life's full of choices and each person will suffer or benefit from their choices, just as we did. My guess is that when your son figures out that the bathroom DOESN'T COME WITH TOILET PAPER, and he has to buy it with money he's earned, his attitude about education and his future WILL CHANGE. When I was 17-18, I knew everything too. Why should your son be any different than any other 17-18 year old kid. He will grow up and figure it out, just as my little girl will grow up and figure it out. I'm just NOT quite ready for the time it will take her to get there. That said, I guess I'll have to grow up a little too while we're at it.

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the time you realize you don't know everything, you have a son or daughter that does.

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a daughter going to her first dance today, so I'll gladly take your sons issues instead of what I'm doing today. However, you're NOT a failure. Life's full of choices and each person will suffer or benefit from their choices, just as we did. My guess is that when your son figures out that the bathroom DOESN'T COME WITH TOILET PAPER, and he has to buy it with money he's earned, his attitude about education and his future WILL CHANGE. When I was 17-18, I knew everything too. Why should your son be any different than any other 17-18 year old kid. He will grow up and figure it out, just as my little girl will grow up and figure it out. I'm just NOT quite ready for the time it will take her to get there. That said, I guess I'll have to grow up a little too while we're at it.

I feel your pain, I raised two daughters and two step daughters. School dances are drama central, however, we all got through them and progressed on though three weddings. I figure I was at my dumbest 5 years ago. Some can see the old man wasn't quite as stupid as they gave home credit for,

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was 17 I thought I new everything. The older I get the more I realize how little I really know.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only way I could be smarter than my father is to live one day longer than he did. The older I get the more I understand the things that he did and what he taught me. Miss and still love you dad.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Teenagers thinking they know everything has been going on for many, many generations. Why is it that generation makes the same mistakes? I guess everyone just has to learn from their mistakes and figure it out for themselves. It sure would be easier if kids would believe what their parents tell them!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear you guys loud and clear! What do they think, that they are gonna get dumber as they get older since they know it all now?

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure I got dumber as I got older... I know that I don't know shit now

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once asked my High School Counselor what I would get from college I did not get from High school. He could not answer my question. I subsequently learned you get three things (besides debt) 1. The realization that no matter how big the problem, it can be broken down into easy to do tasks. 2. The ability to formulate a plan and execute. 3. Critical thinking skills.
On a side note.... The more I learn, The less I know!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once asked my High School Counselor what I would get from college I did not get from High school. He could not answer my question. I subsequently learned you get three things (besides debt) 1. The realization that no matter how big the problem, it can be broken down into easy to do tasks. 2. The ability to formulate a plan and execute. 3. Critical thinking skills.
On a side note.... The more I learn, The less I know!
It seems way to many people go into college without ever having a specific job they are perusing which IMO is where they make a big mistake. One of my biggest regrets is not pursuing a specific career that I would really enjoy doing instead of just hanging onto a job cause it pays good.

- - - Updated - - -

College is a way to get that job in most instances.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only way I could be smarter than my father is to live one day longer than he did. The older I get the more I understand the things that he did and what he taught me. Miss and still love you dad.
True to a point, but now at my age I can't remember some of the things I learned. Life's a bitch then you die. One thing I get a kick out of: Years of experience let you read people like a book. They tell you something and you know what their real intention is. If you tell them it really pisses them off. Kind of fun. The older you get the tougher it is for people to bs you. I took 40 hours of psychology and that may help also. Never intended to go into psychology, but for backup I wanted a teaching degree. So many of those education classes are psychology. I took those because my thoughts were even if I don't go into teaching it would help me work with people. Only one drawback. Every time a pretty girl walks into a room you don't watch her you watch everyone else. Interesting. Body language and facial expressions don't lie.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37