Eyoyo Underwater Fishing Camera

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used in 19' with decent clarity this yrs. The depths don't really matter so much unless there is melt or runoff. Then the shallower you are , the worse it is for cloudy/stained water. If total lake snow cover, its marginal. Some times can't see the jig or minnow in the next hole which is 3' apart.

Granted I am using a much older Aqua View.

I tried mine after dark with IR and could see tiny little air bubbles attached to the camera lens that were reflecting the IR back. You can jiggle on the camera and they float off and It helped but I could only see the flicker of a minnow once in a while at 3 feet.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried mine after dark with IR and could see tiny little air bubbles attached to the camera lens that were reflecting the IR back. You can jiggle on the camera and they float off and It helped but I could only see the flicker of a minnow once in a while at 3 feet.
Its just another toy. Was great when hooked to a bigger Tv when I had my big house. Niece and Nephew ( Arizona ) went out with me 20+ yrs ago, Crystal clear water . Had a northern come in and actually put the whole blue gill (camera ) in his mouth. You could see his gills and down his throat plain as day. My niece (about 6 at the time ) was rolling around on the floor laughing so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants. I couldn't stop laughing at her. Was a fantastic day. . .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its just another toy. Was great when hooked to a bigger Tv when I had my big house. Niece and Nephew ( Arizona ) went out with me 20+ yrs ago, Crystal clear water . Had a northern come in and actually put the whole blue gill (camera ) in his mouth. You could see his gills and down his throat plain as day. My niece (about 6 at the time ) was rolling around on the floor laughing so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants. I couldn't stop laughing at her. Was a fantastic day. . .

Had a few bumps but no bites. When I have enough fish I enjoy watching them as much as catching and cleaning so it's been a fun gadget. I have mine on a 32'' tv and a remote control panner that hangs from a shelf up off the floor where a guy can work on stuff . tinkering with a tilt on the pan. Toys arn't fun without mods. done to them haha . Males arn't biting , they circle and leave but the females are eating bullheads and hot dogs. I had 2 hotdogs a smelt and a minnow and hotdogs and smelt about 50/50 .

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm happy with the camera , I haven't used it a lot but it was sure fun when I did. Saw more fish than what I thought I would . One question I have is do you guys see many bullheads in the winter ? I saw just the tail end of a fish passing by that looked to be a bullhead. It made me wonder why they don't bite much in the winter ? It's a blessing that they don't but wonder why , when you can't keep them off the hook in the summertime ?
I was always told they hibernate in the winter by burrowing in the mud. Thats not true, they still swim and move in winter, just really slow. Was fishing the grano crossing on Darling probably 20 years ago, perch bite was really shallow, we were in 5 ft of water, I was looking down a hole and thought i saw a bullhead, when I said that to my buddies they both laughed at me and called me names. Must have been a reflex action, but one buddy leaned over and peeked down my hole and we both saw the next bullhead swim by right under the ice. Never caught one in winter but have seen them. If you go near open springs in the mouse river you'll see them kinda laying on the bottom just barely moving, but they'll swim away slowly if disturbed.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How deep are they usually good for ? I was only 10' where I took the videos but used it in 14' and could notice a difference. I set up on about 6 inches of snow over 16' . Wondering if they work this good on Devils lake ?
I have an aquaview camera, bought it way back in the early 2000's, used it alot back then, fished with it everywhere. Deepest was probably 30ft and it worked fine. There wasn't any snow on the ice that time so I imagine there was still light getting through the ice. Very few lakes that it didn't work well in the winter. Did try it in the mouse river, had to have the lure like 1ft away to be able to see it in that murky water. The LED lights were absolutely useless at night. reflected every bug and sediment in the water that you couldn't see a thing. Had a lot of fun with it watching fish reactions to lures and stuff. Hated it pointing it, tried the aquaview pod to rotate it, but didn't care for it. Fished with a guy that a marcum rotating deal that worked way better. But I never use my camera anymore. To much of a pain to setup when i just want to run and gun. There are times I wished I had it with just to check out the bottom to see exactly whats down there like gravel or mud, or how much shrimp is on the bottom.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a few bumps but no bites. When I have enough fish I enjoy watching them as much as catching and cleaning so it's been a fun gadget. I have mine on a 32'' tv and a remote control panner that hangs from a shelf up off the floor where a guy can work on stuff . tinkering with a tilt on the pan. Toys arn't fun without mods. done to them haha . Males arn't biting , they circle and leave but the females are eating bullheads and hot dogs. I had 2 hotdogs a smelt and a minnow and hotdogs and smelt about 50/50 .

Sounded like you landed a fish in the background! Or maybe fell in?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounded like you landed a fish in the background! Or maybe fell in?

I had my camera too low but upper left you can see the same fish chomping down the second hotdog next to a smelt when I set the hook. just got set up so I was moving things around then her head thrashing against the hole sleeves before I could catch her with my gaff.

The bumps but no bites was meant for the camera.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my camera too low but upper left you can see the same fish chomping down the second hotdog next to a smelt when I set the hook. just got set up so I was moving things around then her head thrashing against the hole sleeves before I could catch her with my gaff.

The bumps but no bites was meant for the camera.
Awesome! I wasn't challenging the "bumps but no bites" by any means, just wanted to hear the rest of the story on the noises lol

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've caught bullheads thru the ice. About a month ago on Ashtray there was a school of bullheads that swam under our holes about 8 feet below the ice over 18 foot of water. Thought they were crappies on the flasher until we looked down the holes and saw these huge bullheads slowly swimming thru.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems like the more direct the sun rays have gotten the harder to see in shallow water , not sure if it that or just murky water. Do they work good in the summer ? Been going through some of the videos I took . The first one was taken yesterday, It's hard to see , the pike bite slowed down and they must be digging for crayfish.

The second one was a pike that came blasting in on some perch.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used a buddies when we were up at Tobin quite a few yrs ago. Pretty clear water and could see eyes hugging the bottom in about 18'. They would just lay down in between a couple little sand dunes, wouldn't touch anything you put down. Was still cool to see.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems like the more direct the sun rays have gotten the harder to see in shallow water , not sure if it that or just murky water. Do they work good in the summer ? Been going through some of the videos I took . The first one was taken yesterday, It's hard to see , the pike bite slowed down and they must be digging for crayfish.

The second one was a pike that came blasting in on some perch.

Thump your jig off the bottom occasionally to get some silt stirred up a bit. Have seen numerous strikes on camera from doing that.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thump your jig off the bottom occasionally to get some silt stirred up a bit. Have seen numerous strikes on camera from doing that.
I do once in a while and the jigs with rattles seem to bring more fish in. There were a couple of days those little perch wouldn't bite unless the wax worm was on bottom.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84