Farm Bureau Boy

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
He will be on tomorrow claiming you guys are on the game and fish payroll. Gabe will call in and claim there is going to be more land going up posted than ever since the game and fish is pushing them around (not true). Both will claim it’s the G&F fault all the deer starved to death (not true) and there’s 10,000 fewer tags (not because there’s a million acres less of CRP & habitat). Neither will articulate what they really want G&F to do or provide any sort of solution to a problem, just disparage anything government or conservation related. “Heeheeheehee”. Repeat.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
He will be on tomorrow claiming you guys are on the game and fish payroll. Gabe will call in and claim there is going to be more land going up posted than ever since the game and fish is pushing them around (not true). Both will claim it’s the G&F fault all the deer starved to death (not true) and there’s 10,000 fewer tags (not because there’s a million acres less of CRP & habitat). Neither will articulate what they really want G&F to do or provide any sort of solution to a problem, just disparage anything government or conservation related. “Heeheeheehee”. Repeat.
Went to the Mott area two weeks ago hunting pheasant. Did not waste my time with CRP. It is a dead zone. Old and sod bound. About five inches tall.

Conservation Reserve Program

North Dakota

Conservation Reserve Program payments in North Dakota totaled $2.6 billion from 1995-2021.​

Programs included in Conservation Reserve Program payments​

ProgramTotal Payments
1995-2021

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it sod bound or was it that dry there ?

Davey, CRP is great the first 5 years. Weeds and legumes. After 5 years grasses take over. At 15 years the grasses hardly get tall enough to make seed.

Davey, what do you think of that $2.6 Billion dollar price tag for 16 years of CRP in ND?

Today land rents are almost three times higher than 1995. Multiply that $2.6 Billion by three.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Harvesting has been an absolute night-mare. Can't get any trucks into the fields, so everyone is having to fill trucks on the main gravel roads.

Everyone, please keep in mind that this is the busiest, most stressful part of the year for producers. Patience are thin, and the next tractor/grain cart that you might come over the road and meet is more than likely a youngster who's trying to help out the best they can!!

Happy Hunting Everyone!!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it sod bound or was it that dry there ?

Davey, CRP is great the first 5 years. Weeds and legumes. After 5 years grasses take over. At 15 years the grasses hardly get tall enough to make seed.

Davey, what do you think of that $2.6 Billion dollar price tag for 16 years of CRP in ND?

Today land rents are almost three times higher than 1995. Multiply that $2.6 Billion by three.
We all know CRP, WPA, WMA, etc. benefits from periodic cuttings. I’ll ask you to answer your thoughts on the question you posed to Davey.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Harvesting has been an absolute night-mare. Can't get any trucks into the fields, so everyone is having to fill trucks on the main gravel roads.

Everyone, please keep in mind that this is the busiest, most stressful part of the year for producers. Patience are thin, and the next tractor/grain cart that you might come over the road and meet is more than likely a youngster who's trying to help out the best they can!!

Happy Hunting Everyone!!
I totally agree with this and always give way to farm equipment and trucks. At the same time, I think it hurts the farms when a complete dipshit like Darrell goes on the radio and makes comments like this even if they are a "joke". Darrell's biggest problem is that he thinks he's smartest guy in the room, when the facts are he is a complete dipshit. And to make it even worse he's a coward.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
That Pig racer obviously hates hunters! And he is Swedish as you can get ALL complaints with No Solutions!! I switched to 1270, they at least don't bitch All morning!!

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Also now farmers Do NOT drive in fields anymore!! They say it will pack or harden the fields up so they load on roads anyway, so wet or not they would be there!! Is it time for School land to be looked at?? Who pays for the county roads??

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all know CRP, WPA, WMA, etc. benefits from periodic cuttings. I’ll ask you to answer your thoughts on the question you posed to Davey.
I see bravo gave you a thumbs up. He hasn't seen a conservation spending Bill he doesn't like. Never mind the price tag.

Many times farm orgs stand opposed and that is when they become the devil.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anytime anyone disagrees with him he talks over them and cuts them off.
Not exactly the same reason(s): I turn off Hannity and Ingram for the same AFTER/IF I watch their monologues. I stopped listening to Hannity Radio after the 2016 election. Laura had the sense to quit radio and Sean still bloviates. I agree with their hearts not their style.

IE: VDH does tend to drone but doesn't need to always be cut off at the end of his idea. Watters/Carlson do not interrupt for the most part.

Mark Levine: His radio show is good for sleepy truck drivers due to sudden/unpredictable bombast. He sucks more than Hannity on radio. His weekend TV Shows are calm and boring with great potential to be engaging. His books tend to be unreadable due to constant "posting" of old newspaper articles which; seemingly in an effort to engage the reader in a display of a mastery of vocabulary; tend to result in the glossing over the premise of the headline and fill the negative space on the pulp: Ushering into our reality the stylistic writings of London and Hemingway zealously combating pedanticism within the realm of modern script. :p

I miss Rush. Dan Bongino is not bad for an Italian.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90