From start to finish......... (Pic Heavy with icky stuff)

bjpederson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to your daughter Kirk! Tell her good shot. Reagan shot her this weekend also. Gabe and Reagan still talk about coming out to your place last year.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was able to enjoy taking a friend and his daughter out and I thought she was going to wait out a buck but Saturday morning was really slow as in never seen a deer up to 1100. We then went to a draw and I had them go up on a hill and I worked it toward them. As I am approaching the turn where I can see them I see her pull up and aim, I wait and next thing I know BOOM, wait a few more minutes and they say she hit one. Due to her busy schedule she decided to take the first good shot presented, and this deer stopped in the trees in an opening and I guess it was a pose worthy of a postcard and she decided to take the shot. A perfect 140 yard shot with the .270 thru both front shoulders and the lungs, deer didn't go more than 20 yards. I did end up being a button buck with fading spots but we concentrated on the shot placement and the taking of a animal. The pictures of the gutting could have mirrored original poster, she did it all. By the time we loaded it she was joking that she had it harder than most people because her target was smaller than most and she still nailed it. Than she looked at her dad and said the words that make you feel good inside, you mean I have to wait a whole year to do this again. We have induced a hunter into the ranks, she also asked about going coyote hunting this year also. I don't have kids but got a good idea of how you fathers feel when you write these stories, not the same as a father but still a dam good feeling.
dukgnfsn

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome duk!!! I love hearing about youngins being successful. Thanks!!!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Please give my CONGRATULATIONS to the new hunter!

I like that she not only killed her deer but cleaned it as well. What caliber did she use?

You have a hunting partner for the rest of your life.

If you were here at my place you could be setting up to shoot coyotes right now, they're singing away and raising hell as I'm typing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
She's not what I would call a "New" hunter. This is her 3rd deer, but she's not a veteran either. She's field dressed all her own deer and all I've had to do is split the brisket and the final pull out. The rest she does on her own. I just hold a leg or whatever. She was using a .223 with a 55gn bullet. NASTY round. Does a lot of damage. Haven't had her out on coyotes yet as she's not real fond of -25 temps and blowing snow. Then again, neither am I LOL!!! I'll be sure to pass on your sentiments. Have a good one 24!!!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't had her out on coyotes yet as she's not real fond of -25 temps and blowing snow. Then again, neither am I LOL!!!

It's almost summer temps this morning here, 55*, coyotes are still singing away to the west of me. I got 4 the other day about 3 in the afternoon with my 22-250.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88