Gas prices today~

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife drives 120 miles per work day. Our gas expence went from 210 per month to damed near 400 so far. That hurts. Fargo was at 3.28 yesterday. Just glad the Subaru gets 30 MPG. LB

Agreed LB,parked my truck recently since hunting season is over,been driving my parents 2004 honda accord I bought my folks new for a grocery getter now that they are both gone.,digging the 35mpg's but damn,when driving these little shit boxes city folks all but run ya off the road,they cut ya off,pull out in front of ya.... get to work with "two limp middle fingers"

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed LB,parked my truck recently since hunting season is over,been driving my parents 2004 honda accord I bought my folks new for a grocery getter,digging the 35mpg's but damn,when driving these little shit boxes city folks all but run ya off the road,they cut ya off,pull out in front of ya.... get to work with "two limp middle fingers"
YEA my wife drives the Subaru Forester and she has learned to cuss like a sailor in Fargo traffic. Glad most other drivers cannot read lips like I can. LB

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and i are driving to AZ in a few weeks...for a few weeks...gonna have to put a couple extra benjamin's in the gas kitty for the trip down and back, dammit! Cuts into my golf and beer kitty! FJB.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, a lot of sources have mentioned over 7% for the past year, in this example it would make the case of energy still being somewhat of a bargain compared to other goods.

U.S. inflation jumps to 7.5% year over year in January, a 40 year high and more than expected.

- - - Updated - - -

My nat gas bill was ridiculous (about twice any previous month in 15 years of being in this well-insulated home).

This is how the new world order forces us to conserve energy... by jacking up prices.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My first car - .79cents---- run an inflation calc on it comes to $3.41 today. Run a house on that -- that is where is fkd up. Housing is so over inflated.

- - - Updated - - -

or a boat!!! thats even worse

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's a bitch we can't get a "mulligan" and start fresh,this convention of states is bulding steam,can't come soon enough....

FJB.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed LB,parked my truck recently since hunting season is over,been driving my parents 2004 honda accord I bought my folks new for a grocery getter now that they are both gone.,digging the 35mpg's but damn,when driving these little shit boxes city folks all but run ya off the road,they cut ya off,pull out in front of ya.... get to work with "two limp middle fingers"

You got that right. I drive around a Camry occasionally for 30mpg and in a little car, its like your not even on the road with some peoples mentality.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
YEA my wife drives the Subaru Forester and she has learned to cuss like a sailor in Fargo traffic. Glad most other drivers cannot read lips like I can. LB

New road rage deal here in minntucky,hand gestures,stink eye etc will get one shot these days.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jan of this year the wife and I went on an 17 day adventure that spanned over 5000 miles and 15 states. Most of the time spent between Gulf shores AL, St Pete’s Beach FL, and Nashville TN with the rest spent driving to and from those locations. The most expensive gas seen was Illinois and North Dakota. Prices were definitely up from our trek to Gulf Shores in Jan ‘21.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jan of this year the wife and I went on an 17 day adventure that spanned over 5000 miles and 15 states. Most of the time spent between Gulf shores AL, St Pete’s Beach FL, and Nashville TN with the rest spent driving to and from those locations. The most expensive gas seen was Illinois and North Dakota. Prices were definitely up from our trek to Gulf Shores in Jan ‘21.

The wife and i went just west of Gulf Shores last feb for a week or so.. Dauphin Island. Was the coldest week in a long long long time while we were there, according to the locals. I believe it..dont think it made 50 degress while we were there, On the return road trip home it was just nasty driving conditions until we got just north of Memphis. Roads got better the further north we drove!! Imagine that! I dont think the state of Mississippi owns a snow plow. Snow and ice, ice, ice on highways. Semi's stopped on highway blocking traffic as they put chains on their tires. At one point it took like 10 hrs to drive 160 miles.. total stop on highway a few different places while HP cleared road of ppl that went in ditch. Gas prices fairly consistent the whole trip.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and i are driving to AZ in a few weeks...for a few weeks...gonna have to put a couple extra benjamin's in the gas kitty for the trip down and back, dammit! Cuts into my golf and beer kitty! FJB.

Was down to Mayo in Phoenix this past Tuesday for my bride's Chemo and regular unleaded with ethanol was knocking on 4 Bucks.
Insane.
Thanks Biden. ;:;barf

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were extremely lucky for driving conditions last year and this year. Had 1 rough stretch in Iowa this year on the way home. No problems on the way down and no problems either way past year. That said the one morning in Nashville was colder than it was the same morning in Mandan….global warming my a*~

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Busch Light in cali with 15.99 and tax or can fee was 1.50. thats was it out the door price 17.49 this fall when i went and seen Trey and Carson.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keystone xl would have helped a lot. We mainly are importing heavy oil to the US right now because we produce most of the light oil domestically that we consume. Light oil production is down about 1 million Bblpd. Keystone would have allowed us to use more Canadian crude instead of importing it from OPEC. The Biden administration is a complete disaster when it comes to energy independence!

It would help today? It wouldn't even be functional yet. Even with speculation included, we'd still be screwed. That is the point I'm making. And you pointed out the exact problem- we consume more than we produce. I agree that it would help offset, but even still we aren't netting that much improvement with KXL. We've got to find a way to do it domestically, minus Canada, OPEC, and everyone else. I agree the Biden admin doesn't help, but you have to should some of the blame on the oil companies as well. They can't get the investments into shale anymore and frankly are happy and fat with the prices there are. Keeping investors happy is the primary concern and it's easy use OPEC as the scapegoat.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gas took a .20 jump in Minot today.🤬

In an article published on Monday, AAA noted that the national average gasoline price fell by 4 cents in the past week to $3.67 a gallon. That was the smallest weekly decline in months — a possible sign that the streak of daily falling national average gas prices is nearly finished after 100 days.

“All streaks have to end at some point, and the national average for a gallon of gas has fallen $1.34 since its peak in mid-June,” AAA Spokesperson Andrew Gross said in a statement. “But there are big factors tugging on global oil prices — war, COVID, economic recession, and hurricane season. All this uncertainty could push oil prices higher, likely resulting in slightly higher pump prices.”

The average national gas price stood at $3.674 a gallon as of Sept. 20, 2022. That was down from $3.707 a week ago and $3.908 a month ago. The all-time high of $5.016 a gallon was set on June 14.

As previously reported by GOBankingRates, many industry watchers expect gas prices to rise during the last couple months of 2022 because of a convergence of different events that will affect the price of oil.

One of those events is the end of releases from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which are scheduled to stop on Nov. 1, 2022. Another is the European Union’s plan to implement an embargo on Russian crude beginning on Dec. 1, which will tighten globally supplies even further.

Meanwhile, a severe hurricane season could disrupt oil production and supplies and lead to a spike in oil prices, but so far that hasn’t happened. Although Hurricane Fiona is currently battering parts of the Caribbean, it is expected to miss the U.S. East Coast, according to Weather.com. Fiona was the third hurricane of the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which is considered a low number.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
were screwed until the wh changes its energy policy's. they are pushing hard for green energy and were not ready for it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77