Genetically modified organisms

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peanuts are not allowed in my childrens school, anything that might have even been near a peanut.

Somehow in the last 20 years peanut allergies are rampant.
My granddaughters can not drink milk from a cow, highly allergic. WTF
Something seems a bit suspect.

Yep, amazing how many things that were almost unheard of not long ago are common issues these days.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peanuts are not allowed in my childrens school, anything that might have even been near a peanut.

Somehow in the last 20 years peanut allergies are rampant.
My granddaughters can not drink milk from a cow, highly allergic. WTF
Something seems a bit suspect.

John on FBO, I started one of my first topics on GMO and you were the one who, if I remember correctly, had me look up GEO becuase of what I was posting sounded more like GEO. Native Americans genetically grown corn that we eat today, original corn, correct if I am wrong the plant was no bigger than wheat plant. Corn is one of the plants kind of like hemp where it has evolved to something better as well as something terrible.

Genetic roulette the movie

Last edited:

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, amazing how many things that were almost unheard of not long ago are common issues these days.

We also have to account for how small our world is now, knowledge and news spreads instantly today, and negative news it what spreads more readily, giving us some illusion that there's more negative today, than yesterday.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
We also have to account for how small our world is now, knowledge and news spreads instantly today, and negative news it what spreads more readily, giving us some illusion that there's more negative today, than yesterday.

Yep totally agree. Especially when it comes to animal die offs, shitty weather, nefarious activities around the planet, it seems that everyone has a TV studio in their pocket. In addition though the amount of people I run into with health problems lately seem way out of tire with normal. Just one instance I had maybe met 2 people in my first 30 years that are celiac. Now it's almost like it the new cool thing. I understand people going on the protein diet but these folks claim its Dr diagnosed disease. Thats just one thing. It's allergies, arthritis in 20 year olds, so called panic attacks and other stress issues. In the last 5 years I bet half the job apps I have gotten in had work limitations due to those kind of health concerns. Almost all in the under 30 crowd. It's insanity. I want to tell myself that pride and shame is so absent these days that it's cool to have issues but that doesn't do me much good either haha.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm allergic to work, have can curl elbow, panic when I finish a beer, claim to be in the under 30 crowd, need at least 20 bucks an hour, and only old folks drive celiacs. When do I start???

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep totally agree. Especially when it comes to animal die offs, shitty weather, nefarious activities around the planet, it seems that everyone has a TV studio in their pocket. In addition though the amount of people I run into with health problems lately seem way out of tire with normal. Just one instance I had maybe met 2 people in my first 30 years that are celiac. Now it's almost like it the new cool thing. I understand people going on the protein diet but these folks claim its Dr diagnosed disease. Thats just one thing. It's allergies, arthritis in 20 year olds, so called panic attacks and other stress issues. In the last 5 years I bet half the job apps I have gotten in had work limitations due to those kind of health concerns. Almost all in the under 30 crowd. It's insanity. I want to tell myself that pride and shame is so absent these days that it's cool to have issues but that doesn't do me much good either haha.

Think about it...You really think you'd be healthier and live longer if you were alive 100 years ago, that there were less health problems in the late 1800s? Now I agree todays grown ass men are pansies of epic proportions, but if it weren't for the last 2 decades of technological advancements and developments in modern medicine, I'd have been 6 feet under 4 years ago.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell 100 years ago I'd have been toast after my first tooth went to hell. Actually back to GMO I think the problem really isn't GMO it's what is done to the food afterwards. Processing might be the biggest scumbag in this whole thing. Imagine you just put away a 20oz steak and a baked potato. You'd feel pretty damn full. Now weigh the equivalent in any ready to eat meal from the store, eat that and you might feel a lot of things but full probably isn't one of them. A guy could probably pack away half the numbered menu from McDonald's and still have room for some more mcnuggets. The stuff is like crack.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm allergic to work, have can curl elbow, panic when I finish a beer, claim to be in the under 30 crowd, need at least 20 bucks an hour, and only old folks drive celiacs. When do I start???

You'd fit right in.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love beef fat and bacon. Good for the soul and the heart.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Processed food, diet pop, chips, and all the other crap people eat is why there are health problems. Look at all the crap people eat. You can eat whatever you want, as long as it has one ingredient. Look at the back of some of these packaged foods at the list of ingredients. When it takes you five minutes to read the ingredient list, it's probably not good for you.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
What we should all be concerned about is DHMOs (DiHydrogen Monoxide). They put that crap on all the crops now, its used to make chemical weapons, the stuff will kill you almost instantly if you inhale it.

Saw a youtube video where a lady was walking around a "We're against everything" Greenpeace rally, she was handing out bottled water and asking people to sign a petition banning the use of DiHydrogen Monoxide. It was funny as heck to watch those losers face when she explained to them after signing the petition that it was water that they were banning.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
If all GMO'S were as bad as the tree huggers make them sound the USDA EPA FDA and what ever other government agencies out there would never let them be used. I'm talking about the ones used in agriculture

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing to consider when contemplating why people suffer from this or that in todays society more than years ago is a simple percentage question.

What percentage of society 60 years ago worked in manual labor jobs where being out of shape simply did not happen?

What percentage of people today fit that catagory?

Hell we don;t throw square bales, haul 50 5 gal buckets of grain every day ect......the biggest "chore" anymore is getting out of the tractor to open the gate. And it shows.

The same people preaching against GMOS are also claiming "hormones" in beef are causing earlier and earlier puberty in young girls. The simple fact is something every rancher that breeds heifers knows. Increased weight amongst preteen girls is causing earlier puberty. When you start telling these people the baked potato or broccoli or their kale have more of the same "hormone" they rail over in beef than the steak on the plate does they don;t believe you. Then tell them how their birth control pills measure up and they kinda go quiet.

fear mongering when it comes to food is big business.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing to consider when contemplating why people suffer from this or that in todays society more than years ago is a simple percentage question.

What percentage of society 60 years ago worked in manual labor jobs where being out of shape simply did not happen?

What percentage of people today fit that catagory?

Hell we don;t throw square bales, haul 50 5 gal buckets of grain every day ect......the biggest "chore" anymore is getting out of the tractor to open the gate. And it shows.

The same people preaching against GMOS are also claiming "hormones" in beef are causing earlier and earlier puberty in young girls. The simple fact is something every rancher that breeds heifers knows. Increased weight amongst preteen girls is causing earlier puberty. When you start telling these people the baked potato or broccoli or their kale have more of the same "hormone" they rail over in beef than the steak on the plate does they don;t believe you. Then tell them how their birth control pills measure up and they kinda go quiet.

fear mongering when it comes to food is big business.

Pretty spot on there as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69