Good Deal Alerts

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I spent close to $1,500 on my Rock River AR with scope and mount, this was right around the sandy hook time, when things like AR's looked to be a soon thing of the past.
Pretty sure I over paid, wont be the last time.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I spent close to $1,500 on my Rock River AR with scope and mount, this was right around the sandy hook time, when things like AR's looked to be a soon thing of the past.
Pretty sure I over paid, wont be the last time.

Ha ha ha... I bought my Oracle about the same time and I'm pretty sure I overpaid. Now I come to find out it's considered a middling-to-lame AR?

BUT that won't be the last time for me either. Too many times I passed up a chance and later wish I had paid twice what I had the chance to pay cuz I didn't get a chance again or some BS like that.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha ha... I bought my Oracle about the same time and I'm pretty sure I overpaid. Now I come to find out it's considered a middling-to-lame AR?

BUT that won't be the last time for me either. Too many times I passed up a chance and later wish I had paid twice what I had the chance to pay cuz I didn't get a chance again or some BS like that.

I was a penny pincher for most of my 20's and 30's, I would bargain shop, buy the cheaper off brand one. Then when I went to use it, I would realize it was cheaper for a reason. I still bargain shop(most times), but am more so a brand shopper. If I can get an off brand for a few bucks cheaper, I have come to realize I don't want to purchase this item again and spend more replacing it.
I have a few quality items from 20 years ago that I still use, the bargain items have been replaced multiple times.

When it comes down to it, you save a few bucks up front, and spend double on the backside.

Worst thing I ever did was buy a 05 Ford f250 6.0 diesel, freeken paid for that POS twice when I added up all the damn repair bills. Every friend of mine told me to stay away from this model Ford, but I had to find out for myself....;:;banghead

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
TODAY only...... a pretty good deal at Cabela's for the Meindl Ultra-Light hunting boots. I'm getting the uninsulated pair for $159 and free shipping. I had a brand new pair of Under Armour and hated them, so they're getting returned. I'll use these new boots for early season next year.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
TODAY only...... a pretty good deal at Cabela's for the Meindl Ultra-Light hunting boots. I'm getting the uninsulated pair for $159 and free shipping. I had a brand new pair of Under Armour and hated them, so they're getting returned. I'll use these new boots for early season next year.

link?

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dick's Sporting Goods in Bismarck had some pretty good deals this week. Got a pair of Leupold BX-1 Yosemite 8x30's with the Porro Prism design for $104.99. After manufacturer's $25 rebate I'll have about $85 into them. I know they're not top of the line but compared to what I've been using they are really sweet. All I ever had before was a $29.99 set of K-Mart junk. Never knew how much difference a good set of glasses made.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member

Don't fret. There will be another Sandy Hook type incedent or the akbars will attack and the "Akbar in Chief's" solution will be a gun ban. That Oracle will be worth $3 grand this time around.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Primary Arms has Geissele triggers for AR's at 30% off. Getting an SSAE for $168 is a heck of a deal as that is a very nice trigger as I think most Geissele triggers probably are.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might buy a new Ford pickup Friday, Westlies has some crazy sale on the 2015 models.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Primary Arms has Geissele triggers for AR's at 30% off. Getting an SSAE for $168 is a heck of a deal as that is a very nice trigger as I think most Geissele triggers probably are.

I just looked and they still have Geissele triggers 20% off. Much better price than Midway, Brownells, or CheaperThanDirt.

I picked up the Hi-Speed National Match DMR. I have this same trigger on another AR, and my brother has one too. Pretty much any Geissele 2 stage trigger is the cats-ass.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_2016-01-06-18-13-12.jpgjust picked one of these up

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've built 3 AR's with the uppers from jsesurplus.com and the lowers from palemttostatearmory.com. They are all stainless uppers(18 target, 20" target, and 24" bull barrel). The most expensive one was the 24" bull barrels that cost a little over $600 by the time I was done. It is by far the most accurate gun I own. I just watch out for when they have blemish sales on stuff. The only thing I do is swap out the triggers on them because they come with mil spec triggers. I own a lot of guns but I find myself reaching for these first because I enjoy shooting them so much. I shake my head at people that that are nabbing up the $500-$600 polymer AR's when they could "pin" together something much better for a lot cheaper.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Free kick to the nuts at #guywhohateshueylewis' house. Just tell him you are Huey, he will kick ya

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Black Cloud Steel shot has a $50 rebate per case till December. Case of 3" are around $130.00 with the rebate, good price for higher end steel!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77