Gun talk. NO POLITICS!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not enough, but that answer will never change! Depends on the mood which is my favorite. At the end of the day were all still shooting the walther G22.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased the grendel about a year ago. The original was a match grade shilen which I just replaced. I'm trying the stoner grendel II chamber and that barrel is set to arrive in a week or so. The shilen was great and I recommend it to anyone that might shoot factory ammo. I had the opportunity to sell the upper for a good price and took it (maybe dumb move but with hand loads the stoner reviews were fine).

The 6.5 grendel is a low recoil round that shoots a 6.5mm bullet. It's a small caliber round (short, shoots small rifle primers) that has very minimal recoil. I was shooting 85 gr for yotes and 125 nosler a for deer (have not shot a deer with the gun). The hardest part was obtaining the dies and brass but better now. I highly recommend the caliber and can get you in contact with the company that helpeD me build mine. They were very knowledgeable and can also provide custom paint job which as you can see I did not do.

I apologize as I wrote this on my iPad. If anyone wants more details on the caliber please let me know and I'll get on the laptop. Also if you google 6.5 grendel there are a ton of resources available. If someone purchases one I am more than happy to share my reloading data.

Attachments

image.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been thinking about picking up a firearm. Maybe I'll take the leap this summer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 7 rifles, 5 shot guns, and a few hand guns.
I keep the safe locked at all times, and it weights over 1000#s, and is in the basement, so the likelihood of theft is almost zero.
I am going to pick up another shot gun this fall, and the kids might need a gun or two in the future, but think I have what I need for now anyways.

I have a good friend that has well over 150 guns, 3 safes, and still buys a few guns each year. Money is of no object with him. Like it is for most of us.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 shotguns, 4 rifles, 1 22, 3 pistols. Need a couple more soon. Once my boys start shooting, I'll need at least another 2 22lrs and youth model shot guns and something to start then out on for deer hunting. Also been looking at getting a back up shotgun (or 2).

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 rifles (favorite - Sako 260), 4 shotguns (favorite - Browning Citori), 3 handguns (.40, .380, .22), couple .22s, AR - 223.
Youth guns: 2 - 243s, couple shotguns, and a little cricket .22.

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 24 Guns in total. 17 rifles from .17 to 30-06. 7 Handguns. Favorite gun is my Savage .17hmr Sno Camo, for a truck gun. But I love My Browning BPS 12 gauge. but my favorite handgun would be my Springfield XDS 45 with night sights.

Last edited:

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not enough! Hard to pick a favorite but my STW has never failed me on a hunt. If I really had to choose the bow is still my favorite

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
my favorites are actually a fully automatic handgun (not sure of model) and a very short double barrel shotgun with a pistol grip (14" total) that i purchased from a very nice man named guido on a street corner... not sure what they are, but he said the really good ones come with grind marks instead of serial numbers or other markings...

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
My 20 tactical arrived today. Got my 6-24x50 vortex mounted after work. Very excited to get to the range later this week.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I'm up to around 60 mix of everything I got to many favs but probly my Dan Wesson 357 mag for handguns a toss up for long guns either my .300 mag weatherby reaper or my Olympic arms match target ar ,scatter guns my stoeger stagecoach or my 870.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67