Hello from the Minot Area

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
New to the forum, I just found it this morning. I joined up because I started fishing a lot more lately and looking for advice and knowledge of fishing the areas around Lake Darling ect. Been having some luck with pike lately at the Silver Bridge fishing spot, attempted Baker's Bridge but the shoreline access if heavily overgrown. I'm going to attempt the Upper Souris Outlet Fishing Area below Lake Darling tomorrow morning, see what I can see. One question I did have was if there's open shoreline fishing along Lake Darling or can we only fish in the designated spots posted?
Thanks and look forward to learning more!
Attached is a pike I caught a couple weeks ago at Silver Bridge. He was a 32 incher

Attachments

450997984_10232170866071976_4668365650239779905_n.jpg

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can fish near every boat ramp access and off the bridges (Grano, Greene). I have caught fish from all of them but the most consistent is Grano bridge. Landing 1 and 3 are probably the best none bridge fishing areas. The river below the dam is best in the spring.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Go to Sakakawea if you want to target pike. The fish are much bigger, and theres a thousand times more shore access.
That IS a great fishing spot, but with my kids started back up the school year here soon, I'm sticking to the local spots less than an hour away from me. But thanks for the tip!

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Grano has been going all summer. I'd go there.
I DID swing by there this morning after the outlet area. It was pretty damn windy though so after about 2 hours, I swung around Silver Bridge to test it out. Called it quits after about 4 hours. It looks like a good spot though so hopefully I can make it back out there next week. It's closer from the house than I thought it was so that's nice.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
I was gonna call fake profile, but held back since I saw nodak hills in the background 😆
and if this helps, this is from this morning. Last thing I need is people being weird after I just found a great resource for local fishing.
Welcome Lady. LB
thank you :) I look forward to learning some more.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
I was gonna call fake profile, but held back since I saw nodak hills in the background 😆
and also, since I don't want any weirdness after JUST finding this forum and being excited to learn more for my area, here's of pic of myself AT the fishing outlet by lake darling from this morning. Being a woman and enjoying fishing shouldn't make you guys iffy. Just throwing that out there. I cropped the boobs out as to not offend.
imageedit_55_3725221012.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 55
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 22