How fast is your boat?

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 2014 G3 Jon Boat with a 115 with just me can go about 44 with a load of guests will be 34-36 mph. But I can run full throttle in 8-10" of water too.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
We recently purchased a 1985 Starcraft 18 foot boat with a 1985 Johnson 90 hp outboard, with the wrong plugs, a cheap plastic prop, full tank of fuel, rough paint job and over 800 lbs of people in it I was able to go 31 mph on its maiden voyage (found out lower unit seal was bad), have replaced the prop and the plugs and the seal and am hoping to get back on the water to see how it does. We don't need to go that fast anyway as its just for fishing. Got what I think was a good deal, trolling motor, 2 fish finders, battery tender for 3 batteries. Just need to fix lines for the live well and install a couple more swivel seats.

I do have a cheap 14 ft aluminum boat with just an electric trolling moter, I had it going over 20 mph or faster 1 time, was fishing down in a mine pond and did not see the storm moving in until the wind hit. 2 foot waves and 40 mph or higher wind, the boat was blown 3/4 of the way up on shore when we finally stopped. At least I was turn the right direction and wasn't swamped.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
With no water in the livewells but a boat full of tackle, I've had mine up to 69.7 GPS by myself. With the same load, one more person, and a full livewell it will do 65.

2007 Triton TR21X w/ 225 Pro XS

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy of mine had a 17' express duck boat that had a 90 merc jet. We had it 34 on gps and at that speed, through a riffle in the river, it really gave a high pucker factor.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old 14ft lund with an old 4.4 merc has a hole shot that is immeasurable! I have to use my 24lb thrust electric to slow that speed demon down when trolling. When my live well is empty(old faded coleman cooler) that unit screams speed. When the yeti is empty of beverages, it screams. I have had to resort to wearing a hat backwards so as not to lose it. I'm getting too old to fish in windy conditions in any size boat so bide my time and venture out when I am able. It has worked well adding eye's to the freezer thus far, no reason to change after all these years. Thank you very much!

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sea Hunt Triton 225 center counsel. 38 running with the tide and smooth seas. Best to run about 12 against the tide with seas over 3 feet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80