Hunter vs fisherman harassment

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think it depends who was where first. Did the fisherman come into an established shoot or were the duck hunters telling him to leave so they could hunt? Also depends on the state - the only Thornapple Lake I found is in Michigan.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know who's right or wrong, but, when the 'toon driver was floating close and had his motor towards the fisherman I was really expecting him to raise the motor and soak the fisherman.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only person being harassed in the video is the fisherman. Doesn't look like a lake fit for hunting based on the houses. If the fisherman was too close to hunters, then the hunters were way too close to those houses.
That's what I was thinking. Weird spot to duck hunt if you ask me.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id say it depends how close he was to the hunters, if the hunters were there FIRST. As mentioned, not a great place to hunt from the looks of it...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you go to the youtube page for that video, the fisherman claims he was 1,000 ft away from the hunters. I, not knowing the distance, originally thought the angler was in the wrong, now I am not so sure.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect this was the lake and that the hunters were over on the eastern shore. The main part of the lake is about 2,100 yards wide and around 550-600 from the north to the south shore. If I assume correctly, the hunters would have been 500-600 yards from the nearest housing.

1694549392447.png

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just glad that we have so much time and money to care about people fighting over hunting and fishing grounds in the state of Michigan. I guess taxes on our local economy aren’t that bad after all……..continue……

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just glad that we have so much time and money to care about people fighting over hunting and fishing grounds in the state of Michigan. I guess taxes on our local economy aren’t that bad after all……..continue……
You forgot to mention gas prices.....

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how you associate this discussion with time, money, and local taxes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93