I Phone or Samsung need advice

Smuscha

Reading all the iPhone bashing surprises me. I was Android for about 5 years and between Motorola and Samsung phones I would go through at least 1 if not 2 a year, either be screens, battery’s shit the bed, or charging ports shit the bed. Samsung’s were the worst screens and charging ports. Have since switched to iPhone and it’s been almost 2 years and still on the same iPhone 7. Seems to me the screens are better, and I know that battery’s last twice as long.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
THX Guys!!! A lot of good info here. Changed the font just for you F'n Carp. Does this meet with your approval.? ;:;rofl ;:;bowdown
“F’n Carp”.....haha, I see what you did there.

All I’ve ever had is an iPhone. Never broke a screen, always works. Kinda shopping for an new phone too as mine is a few years old. I will go with whichever phone becomes affordable. If I have to pay top $$, I will stick with Apple.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm typing this on my three year old S6. I have beat the crap out of it. Had to barrow my wife's phone a couple of times to find mine. Last time in the mud under cattails. I think the Otter Box saved it.

Darn auto spell.

Last edited:

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got an iPhone 5 that i'm using, bought it in 2012. Ill second that the battery is junk when the phone gets cold, but as long as it's your pocket it'll be fine.

I am going to be getting a new iPhone within a couple months, as mine the screen is starting to act up (already had it replaced once after a significant drop). Check out the iPhone SE. It's not advertised because it doesn't have a 15,000 mega pixel camera and all of the other "stuff" that we see in advertisements. Its just a simple phone, but you can call, text, browse NDA, email, etc.

Check that... I guess they stopped production of the SE a few months ago.

Flannel

iPhone has the more simple operating system
Android phones are going to have more personalization functions available to the user.

Got my dad switched to an iPhone from his flip phone a year or two ago and he loves it. Other posts here are correct tho, battery dies in the cold pretty quick.

Look for something that is water resistant and can take a beating

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as "smart" phones, Iphone is the only thing I've had. I am comfortable with it, seems really easy to use and get used to. The battery isn't as bad as people make it seem. It does suck in the cold, but every piece of electronics that runs on batteries also sucks in the cold (vexilar doesn't last as long in -20 on the ice as it does in your wheelhouse right?). Keep it in your inner pocket and it's fine.

I need some work done to my 6plus, new battery (2 years old) and the speakers are dirty. Figured it to be cheaper than buying a new one. Almost my whole family uses the iphones so being able to Facetime the kids with grandpa and grandma is great.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big difference in the two is the iPhone is more locked down from a system end whereas a Google or Android phone allow much more customization. There's advantages to both. One thing about iPhones is that a much larger percent of it's users have the most recent operating system installed and thus the safety and security that goes with. I also think Apple does a better job of reviewing the apps available for it to insure they're up to date and more bug free. I have an iPhone and love the part about not having to really manage it much. On the other hand, I do miss the customization other systems allow. But in the end I continue to choose the simplicity of the Iphone. There's a reason so many people pay more for iPhones. I have a X and am quite happy with it.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Almost my whole family uses the iphones so being able to Facetime the kids with grandpa and grandma is great."
^This is a big reason why I have my iPhone.^
The whole family also has a group text we use and we share photos. I have an iPhone and when it was time for a phone, I was told by my way smarter about tech stuff kids, to get an iPhone because that's what the whole family would have. I replaced the original battery but the replacement isn't even close to what the original was. Oh well, it was cheaper to get a battery than to get a new phone. Those damn things are outrageous money.
Fish On!

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just shut down the old Iphone 5S and bought the XR. We were told by a few different Verizon stores that the 5S will be obsolete in 2019. I was thinking about switching to a Samsung or Google, but stuck with the Iphones due to it being easy to transfer everything to the new phone. I am not very tech-savy so I didn't feel like figuring out how to switch everything to a different brand of phone. I've always had Iphones and they're pretty good phones. The battery life on the new XR is pretty amazing so far; haven't had to charge it on the same day yet. The only thing I'm not a fan of with most new fans is the size.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Android -- world wide usage is 86% Apple 14%. I believe Android is continuing to increase its market share. Chinese phones --- we all know that apple makes them in china and sells them at a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ price in the usa. Similiar to samsung makes them all over but they also make them in china too.

China has some high quality phones that verizon Att will not let you use. They are high q and low price. Apple and Sung grease the politicians and Verizon so that they can keep the game going.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88