Insomnia

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhomissedthisoldtimeremedy.... as the story goes, people who are awaken alot by there legs more have "restless legs syndrome". The "cure" is to place a bar of Ivory soap (no idea why Ivory) under the sheet. I have no clue where exactly but supposedly it agitates the persons legs just enough that they move a little but not so much that the person wakes. My MIL was happy, said it work, I was hero for a brief moment, I still have the T shirt.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, be very aware of your caffeine intake. Any afternoon caffeine can mess a guy up.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my brothers has battled sleeping for years. He found the best way to sleep is by having a special homemade brownie for a snack. Pills are very addictive.

You know what....I aint tried an eddy yet. Keyword yet. Trip report tomorro. Good thinkin BDub.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to bed at 1 AM and was up and read this topic at 3 AM , 5 AM and again at 7 AM and was up for all day after that . Had one wild dream that I remember but I'm usually good for two a night It's a vicious cycle, I call them power naps.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see that once you are used to it. But, don't expect to sleep the first few times you try it. Expect the opposite.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
My go-to insomnia recipe is a margarita when I come home, a bottle of wine with supper, 2 more margaritas after supper and a 200 mg AdvilPM before bedtime. My problem then is getting out of bed in the morning!

- - - Updated - - -

I guess all of you can tell my recipe for insomnia isn't exactly working tonight since I still on line at 1:36 am PST!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Forgot to take my diabetic nerve pain pills so here I am reading your post until they kick in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Diet is also a huge factor eating a whole bunch of processed carbs and garbage food loaded with sugars will mess with your body that includes booze.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
As one of Joe Rogan's jokes go..."Smoke a joint, jerk off, and I DARE you to stay awake!"

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep the phone out of your face. We are all guilty but that sort of light(and of course content) can really mess with a guy.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How long have you had this sleeping issue? Just think of your life style before it started. If you haven’t yet, quit drinking all soda pop and increase water intake. It can be tough to quit pop, but eventually you lose the craving. Reduce sugars and try to eat more fruits and veggies. Someone mentioned earlier to reduce carbs from breads and pastas. I would agree. The exercise doesn’t need to be intensive, just go for a walk where you can get a mile or two in...like 30 minutes. Keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I decided to start logging my sleep so maybe dr see it. So far since Wednesday I've gotten 8.5 hours of sleep. Things are weird. That is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46