inverted jackplate...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
thinking about trying to mount a jack plate upside down, or custom build one, to lower my toon motor to add a water glide... have a blue 90 with a long (20") shaft, and would need a xl (25") shaft to make it work... assuming i can work out the clearances and hose/cable lengths, this would be the cheapest way to go... new lower would run me about 3k if i stuck with blue parts and labor to keep the warranty...

i know some of the high performance guys play with these... do you think it would work???

thanks...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might as well try it. I've gone most of my life trying to revert jackplates with zero success. Maybe I'm jaded but once a jackplate...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
what about having prairie welding make you a new mount out of aluminum

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
what about having prairie welding make you a new mount out of aluminum

i'd thought about that too... would almost have to get the motor off and have it on some type of stand right behind the boat to make sure the geometry would work...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be able to build an aluminum box that extends down five inches and bolts into the existing location.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be able to build an aluminum box that extends down five inches and bolts into the existing location.

it's clearance though... like when you lift the motor up... anything down would limit the amount you could lift the motor without breaking the hood and wiring harness...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8